Hot Take Kaspersky suddenly renewed my free version?

Kaspersky
23 Replies 2,170 Views
free version is far from perfect as shown here :

One of the worst "tests" I have ever watched. The guy did not even click "apply for all" in detection window. I don't know the guy, but from his way of talking he wanted Kaspersky to fail.

The free version is far from perfect I know, but the test is flawed for:

1- He explicitly said that has no idea what the samples are.
2- He did not wait for Kaspersky to finish deleting /disinfection files after the scan. He said it took too much time and that should be the case when you scan many samples which require processing and hueristics.
3- And as always the samples magically teleported to the Desktop.
 
One of the worst "tests" I have ever watched. The guy did not even click "apply for all" in detection window. I don't know the guy, but from his way of talking he wanted Kaspersky to fail.

The free version is far from perfect I know, but the test is flawed for:

1- He explicitly said that has no idea what the samples are.
2- He did not wait for Kaspersky to finish deleting /disinfection files after the scan. He said it took too much time and that should be the case when you scan many samples which require processing and hueristics.
3- And as always the samples magically teleported to the Desktop.
And one more important thing is I belive he did not even restart the system when Kaspersky explicitly asked for it to finish disinfection and not after scanning the bunch of samples.
 
And one more important thing is I believe he did not even restart the system when Kaspersky explicitly asked for it to finish disinfection and not after scanning the bunch of samples.

Which should happen with every detection, when it asks for a restart, not after multiple samples are detected and nothing is done until the end. Consumer AV's aren't meant to handle things that way. But, that would take to long for a YouTube video (2+ hours?), when sensationalism and clicks are what really matter?
 
Which should happen with every detection, when it asks for a restart, not after multiple samples are detected and nothing is done until the end. Consumer AV's aren't meant to handle things that way. But, that would take to long for a YouTube video (2+ hours?), when sensationalism and clicks are what really matter?
That's why I call such tests entertainment tests. Users love to see a mess and a destroyed system A battle between X and Y, so that they can argue for the rest of their lives that product x is better than Y
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top