Question Kaspersky Timeline Area

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Hi all

Noticed that the timeline/notification section in the Home area of the app now shows intrusion prevention items that are processed, tends to be items at startup or installing/uninstalling programs by the looks of it.

One of my PC's (W10) doesn't show these intrusion prevention events on the timeline, although it does show things that have happened in the main report area

Not an issue as such, just wondered why it doesn't show like the other two PC's.

Last edited:

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I'm guessing it should show these, right? and the two that don't should?

Edit:

The two only seem to show the following:
  • Database update completed
  • We haven't disturbed you for X hours
  • Then it will also show any scan info
Just seems to be the notifications/logs of Intrusion Prevention it doesn't display, yet the main report section shows there has been activity happening there.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
In my current beta of 21.14 I have this:

1688584313331.png

Which is a log from IP.

Which kind of IP logs are displayed in those 2 systems?

Check also these settings in all systems:

1688584444747.png

Specially -> Do not Disturb Mode

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
Hi all

Noticed that the timeline/notification section in the Home area of the app now shows intrusion prevention items that are processed, tends to be items at startup or installing/uninstalling programs by the looks of it.

One of my PC's (W10) doesn't show these intrusion prevention events on the timeline, although it does show things that have happened in the main report area

Not an issue as such, just wondered why it doesn't show like the other two PC's.
Can be configured in notification settings - might have accidentally been changed.

Reactions: Dave Russo

superleeds27

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
In my current beta of 21.14 I have this:

View attachment 276928

Which is a log from IP.

Which kind of IP logs are displayed in those 2 systems?

Check also these settings in all systems:

View attachment 276929

Specially -> Do not Disturb Mode
The only logs I've had on those two machines are the ones I've mentioned. I can't trigger a mic event as I've not attempted to use a mic

It maybe is working correctly. One of the pcs that was showing IP events processed isn't now, even though the main logs have shown items being processed.

Might just be certain triggers that do it? Was just curiosity really, why some showed things and the others didn't.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.