Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hello! MR4 is here!

Please pay attention:
1) We moved out KTS and KFA from beta products
2) Product's GUI is under development now, your bugs on this component may not be relevant in new builds.

Main GUI known bugs
1) on "KIS was successful activated" window start button is misplaced
2) there is empty unit in notification block on main window
3) when license's status changes grey block without text is shown on main page

Looking forward to your comments and bug-reports!

A new version of the beta build is available for download and testing.
You can download the version from the link below:

Download

Can be activated only through Internet. Beta-license is valid for 90 days.
Before installation of the new build, please uninstall the previous build (sometimes kavremover may be needed) and reboot the system.

Advices for novice testers​

• Do not proceed with testing without reading the instructions;
  • All found bugs should be posted in the related topics so it would be wise to read their headers at first. Bug reports should contain all useful info (it will be clear after reading the instruction from p.1);
  • The most convenient way to upload big files (traces or dumps): in .zip archive on OwnCloud.;
  • Traces as well as app and driver verifiers are enable in this build.
  • This area of forum is not connected to Tech Support (Bugs of Beta-products are collected here)
Additional Information

Please don't post on the beta forum if you are not participating in the beta testing.
Source

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
A new beta of K2021MR4: KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4.4.234

With this new beta Kaspersky started to make big changes in the GUI, still not finished, but We can see already what is the direction these changes are taking.

In this case I'm testing K. Security Cloud (with a beta Family license), it seems They are removing KTS:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 1,307
  • 2.png
    2.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,241
  • 3.png
    3.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 4.png
    4.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,133
  • 6.png
    6.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 9.png
    9.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 8.png
    8.png
    56 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 5.png
    5.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 949
  • 7.png
    7.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 875
  • 10.png
    10.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 848
  • 11.png
    11.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 787
  • 12.png
    12.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 882

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
A new beta of K2021MR4: KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4.4.234

With this new beta Kaspersky started to make big changes in the GUI, still not finished, but We can see already what is the direction these changes are taking.

In this case I'm testing K. Security Cloud (with a beta Family license), it seems They are removing KTS:
"it seems They are removing KTS"

Why?What are you basing on this information? And what will happen the KTS licences? I have one non activated KTS licence.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Hi KSC free ,I forget where i read this but i think it was to disable KSn setting because of privacy,etc issues.Is KSN safe anyways to use?Thks

The kind of collection that KSN does is done by many cloud enabled AV software though KSN does collect a little more data and is much more easily triggered. For most people this won’t matter. If you are a developer where you don’t want executables from your machine uploaded for Kaspersky to analyze, on the other hand, you might want to turn off KSN. This doesn’t apply to most end users, where you run stock and popular executables that are harmless to share.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.