New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As already commented in the forum many weeks ago, KTS will disappear.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
You can use any K.2021.5 installer to activate any of the versions, it will become in the proper version depending on the license code used to activate.

But, as already said, KTS licences will not be accepted for now, to get K.Plus You have to use a KSCloud Personal / Family code.

That's a bummer. Will have to see if I can get a KSCloud Personal license for cheap. Sorry I missed this yesterday. Thanks!

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Ok now I am confused. I am reading older posts in this thread and noticed this.

This is the "new" version, correct? I have no idea which one to use and is equivalent to what was KTS.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Well scratch that. It does not give you a payment option so it does not go through.

This was the link I was trying.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The tweaks for K.Standard / Plus are essentially the same for current products KIS/KTS/KSCloud, since the settings are the same and almost nothing new there... anyway, I can post the tweaks in K.Plus/Standard.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
The tweaks for K.Standard / Plus are essentially the same for current products KIS/KTS/KSCloud, since the settings are the same and almost nothing new there... anyway, I can post the tweaks in K.Plus/Standard.

I hear you. I am running KPlus right now. The settings are mostly the same from what I recall as well, its just laid out differently. So far so good, its light on resources which is nice. Browsing does seem slower compared to say F-Secure or BD however. Not sure if it is Anti-Banner or what they are injecting into HTTPS connections.

1650816654266.png

Last edited by a moderator:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Buying KTS currently has no sense, since You'll have to migrate sooner or later to K.Plus, so the best bet is to buy now KSCloud licence (direct migration, without paying to K. Plus).

I'm using K.Standard MR5 in my old lap with W11 and did not notice any laggy, anyway a new improved MR6 is coming (already in Beta testing) ;)
I wish I could read this sooner. Now how I can migrate to Kaspersky Plus?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.