shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Kaspersky Chrome extension, version 4.6.2.31, is greyed out, and "options" is greyed out.

Do I have the wrong version, and if so, how do I get the right version?

I tried removing it from Chrome and rebooting and launching Chrome, but KIS did not install it automatically. So I took it from the Chrome store.
Kaspersky Protection
Maybe it is not compatible with 19?

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Kaspersky Chrome extension, version 4.6.2.31, is greyed out, and "options" is greyed out.

Do I have the wrong version, and if so, how do I get the right version?

I tried removing it from Chrome and rebooting and launching Chrome, but KIS did not install it automatically. So I took it from the Chrome store. Maybe it is not compatible with 19?
i gotta admit the web extension is really poop, i have had serious slowdowns and resource eating when i had it installed.
you dont need it at all. it doesn't remove any functionality if removed

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i gotta admit the web extension is really poop, i have had serious slowdowns and resource eating when i had it installed.
you dont need it at all. it doesn't remove any functionality if removed
What about banners?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hum... so strange, it working here in several systems... using Chrome stable or?
Chrome stable. Maybe it is because of some Chrome flags that I enabled. That's probably it.
Is there an easy way to back up my Chrome config, so I can reset my flags to default, and test if that is the prob?

Reactions: harlan4096

chabbo

Level 2
Verified
Jan 30, 2013
KasperskyInternet Security 2019

• The Software Updater component has been improved:
    • It is now possible to run a scheduled search for application updates.
    • The list of ignored applications has been moved to a separate window.
  • The operation of the Safe Money component has been improved:
    • It is now possible to open a specific site in Protected Browser by clicking the application icon in the notification area and on the taskbar.
    • Feedback forms that let you rate the component performance and report to Technical Support have been improved.
    • A notification about whether your computer supports hardware virtualization has been added. The status of hardware virtualization is also displayed in the component settings window.
  • The Parental Control component has been improved:
    • When the time zone changes, the computer, Internet and application usage time is zeroed out.
    • Similar applications, for example, browsers from different vendors, are now controlled as one application.
  • The operation of the Anti-Banner component has been improved. New Anti-Banner filters have been added. They let you specify which banners in particular should be blocked.
  • The display of notifications has been improved. Notifications that are not critical for application performance are not displayed while you are using office applications, running an application in full-screen mode, watching a video or performing a video call.
  • The Recommended settings window has been improved. The Delete malicious tools, adware, auto-dialers and suspicious packagers check box and the Detect other software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data check box have been added.
  • It is now possible to scan scripts using Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI). AMSI is a standard Microsoft interface that allows scanning scripts and other objects using Kaspersky Internet Security. The component can only detect a threat and notify about it, but it does not handle threats. The component is available in Microsoft Windows 10 or later.
  • Scanning of encrypted connections has been improved. You can now choose actions for sites that returned scan errors and add such sites to exclusions.
  • It is now possible to disable decryption of Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
Article ID: 119653, Last review: Apr 6, 2018

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
They don't release it now probably, as always, because marketing strategy :)

I was going to say that... They have to put their marketing in place, including product placement, the new logo, etc. Then they have to coordinate a global update on every local vendor site, local representatives have to decide if there will be a promotion for the release of the new version etc. It all takes time to plan and coordinate.

Also their help desk people have to be trained concerning new features so they can answer support calls .

If they had technical reason to block the new version from being used, they could just stop it from updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.