Advice Request KB4586853 problems anyone else

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi I have tried to install this optional update in win10 pro twice.It installs properly but when I restart the desktop does not completely show up and then the desktop just flickers and flickers and flickers..... I just go back to the restore point ,anyone else with a problem from this update and is it needed? Thks

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

Windows 10 KB4586853 is an optional update, which means two things – it will not download or install automatically and it comes with a long list of fixes. If you’re not interested, you can skip the patch and get these fixes next week as part of the mandatory Patch Tuesday release.

Unquote

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hi I have tried to install this optional update in win10 pro twice.It installs properly but when I restart the desktop does not completely show up and then the desktop just flickers and flickers and flickers..... I just go back to the restore point ,anyone else with a problem from this update and is it needed? Thks

Why do you want to install a Preview update?

Check the changelog shared above to see if you need it or not.
1607264936474.png

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, seeing as Insiders Beta and Release are one and the same for now, I updated yesterday after forcing WU to find it (KB4592438). It both d/l and installed in about 1 minute. 91 MB to clean up, that's it.

Lately, updates have been pretty brief and drama-free on here. Hope I don't eat my words in the future. Winver: 19042.685 (same as 20H2).

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi i know this is not the place but does anyone know how to get rid(disable) of Microsoft Text input application and Search (suspended) still showing in task manager and still taking 1% of ram.Thks

Reactions: Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.