KIS 2018 & HMPA & VS setings

D

Deleted member 178

@weedeezee

What you are talking is 2 different things :

- Add as "user-space-Yes" is to prevent malicious exe/dll to run from the selected folder/partitions.
- Add as "private folder" is to prevent Guarded Apps to access or write on the said folder/partitions.

Totally different things. ;)

Reactions: weedeezee

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
@Umbra
Yes.I tried saying like you say.2 different things.
I made this:
"Add as "user-space-Yes" is to prevent malicious exe/dll to run from the selected folder/partitions."
This ok one thing.

And other thing different.I am asking two questions:
"Add as "private folder" is to prevent Guarded Apps to access or write on the said folder/partitions."
I said " I put none system disk folders to "Folders" in guarded apps".
I put all disk (like D:\) or folders (like D:\Folder1, D:\Folder2,...)?Do I shoud chose private folder or protected folder?
Thank you.

D

Deleted member 178

"Add as "private folder" is to prevent Guarded Apps to access or write on the said folder/partitions."
I said " I put none system disk folders to "Folders" in guarded apps".
I put all disk (like D:\) or folders (like D:\Folder1, D:\Folder2,...)?Do I shoud chose private folder or protected folder?
Thank you.
Protected = read only
Private = no access

Then it depends what are your Guarded Apps and what are those folders.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
Protected = read only
Private = no access

Then it depends what are your Guarded Apps and what are those folders.

Guarded Apps I made like you say:

"Guarded Applications

Applications:
added all my portable applications , virtual machines, etc... (so they can't run without my consent.)"

What are folders are data folders all kinds,none Windows folders like music picture.

Do you say shoud I add "D:\"?This is protect all folders in D?

Or Do you say shoud I add one folder like "D:\Picture" and an other like "D:\Music" seperate?

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
If I couldn't tolerate jabs, punches, bad-mouthing, stalking, harassment, belligerence, etc, etc by others, then I would never survive on the forums.

I don't care. People say things all the time. It comes with the online territory.

Sometimes when you think a person is being critical or making a personal attack, they aren't actually - since these forum posts are not like normal human conversations and quite easy to misinterpret a person's meaning or intent.
V

D

Deleted member 178

Guarded Apps I made like you say:

"Guarded Applications

Applications:
added all my portable applications , virtual machines, etc... (so they can't run without my consent.)"

What are folders are data folders all kinds,none Windows folders like music picture.

Do you say shoud I add "D:\"?This is protect all folders in D?

Or Do you say shoud I add one folder like "D:\Picture" and an other like "D:\Music" seperate?

i think you don't understand the purpose of Guarded Apps.

Guarded Apps are applications you wan't run with limited privileges and with limited access to folders. It is more a restriction/privacy feature.

Appguard Help File said:
AppGuard prohibits Guarded applications from altering protected resources by containing them, even if the application is running with administrator privileges.
Attackers often use malware-infected web browsers to read confidential data from your computer. AppGuard enables the user to specify a set of Private Folders that are not accessible to Guarded Applications running in Privacy Mode.

Please read the help file carefully, all is explained in it.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
i think you don't understand the purpose of Guarded Apps.

Guarded Apps are applications you wan't run with limited privileges and with limited access to folders. It is more a restriction/privacy feature.

Please read the help file carefully, all is explained in it.

Yes I was understand.I add disk "D" like you to "User Space":
6j1Xo77.png

And on other hand seperate other question:
I was understand Guarded Apps is limited.
You said add apps use internet to Guarded apps.I made like you say.
Now I want Guarded Apps cant touch disk D and cant write read disk D.
For this,You say shoud I add "D:\" to "Folders" or You say add all folders one and other one like "D:\Picture, D:\Music"?
When I add "D:\" this is work and protect all folders in D disk from Guarded Apps or I have to add everyone folder seperately?

at3Z7CG.jpg

This two works together?This two:
Add "D:\" to "User space" and add "D:\" to "Folders".

Appguard is looked very hard.I can uninstall it :(

Last edited:

6j1Xo77.png

For this,You say shoud I add "D:\" to "Folders" or You say add all folders one and other one like "D:\Picture, D:\Music"?
When I add "D:\" this is work and protect all folders in D disk from Guarded Apps or I have to add everyone folder seperately?

at3Z7CG.jpg

If you want to protect drives D and E from Guarded Apps with Privacy Mode enabled, then in Folders > Settings:

Add D:\ and E:\ and set to "Deny"

AppGuard is not difficult to learn nor configure.

AppGuard is no different than any other SRP soft like Group Policy or AppLocker.

SRP requires the user to learn - and by learning about security and Windows you get the very best system security.

The default policy is already very high security.

AppGuard is just like any other security soft - you learn as you do things with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

6j1Xo77.png

at3Z7CG.jpg

Remove from Guarded Apps list:
  • NirSoft Launcher
  • Spybot Anti-Beacon
  • Winaero Tweaker
  • Wise Disk Cleaner
Not every program needs to be added to the Guarded Apps list. Programs that must read other process memory or make registry modifications should not be added to the Guarded Apps list.

Adding D:\ and E:\ to User Space "YES" = no programs can launch from D:\ or E:\

Making D:\ and E:\ "Deny" in Folders = no Guarded Apps with Privacy enabled and programs launched from User Space cannot write to D:\ and E:\

In the Trusted Publisher List, remove the entry with Chinese characters; only digital certificates with signatures that are completely in English characters should be added to the TPL

You will learn as you go.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Remove from Guarded Apps list:
  • NirSoft Launcher
  • Spybot Anti-Beacon
  • Winaero Tweaker
  • Wise Disk Cleaner
Not every program needs to be added to the Guarded Apps list. Programs that must read other process memory or make registry modifications should not be added to the Guarded Apps list.

Adding D:\ and E:\ to User Space "YES" = no programs can launch from D:\ or E:\

Making D:\ and E:\ "Deny" in Folders = no Guarded Apps with Privacy enabled and programs launched from User Space cannot write to D:\ and E:\

In the Trusted Publisher List, remove the entry with Chinese characters; only digital certificates with signatures that are completely in English characters should be added to the TPL

You will learn as you go.
he copied the first picture from a guide. its not his.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
@Lockdown
Which shoud you think I add programes I wrote down to Guarded Apps list?
Winzip,foxit pdf,movies&tv,onedrive,groovemusic,purevpn.
What do you shoud I make windows powershell and comand prompt?Add this two anywhere to Appguard?

@Lockdown
Which shoud you think I add programes I wrote down to Guarded Apps list?
Winzip,foxit pdf,movies&tv,onedrive,groovemusic,purevpn

Add:
  • WinZip
  • Foxit PDF

What do you shoud I make windows powershell and comand prompt?Add this two anywhere to Appguard?

Add to User Space and set to "YES":

1. Powershell
2. Powershell_ISE
3. wscript
4. cscript

e.g. - type in Browse field c:\windows\*\powershell.exe. Do same for others.

Leave cmd.exe as configured by default in AppGuard.

Untick Powershell in Guarded Apps list.

@Lockdown
Thank you.I made all them.
I ask for learning.What is for we untick Powershell in Guarded Apps list?

• Powershell is in Guarded Apps list by default
  • Ticked = run Guarded
  • Un-ticked = run Unguarded (= disable Guarded Apps settings for the process)
  • When add Powershell to User Space list and set to "YES" (= disable launch), the Guarded Apps settings supersede the User Space list setting - so must un-tick Powershell in Guarded Apps list to fully disable it
Same would apply to other processes on the Guarded Apps list.

If you want to run a program Unguarded you can do it by:

1. Un-tick it in Guarded Apps list
2. Use tray icon context menu to suspend Guarded App protections for it (= run Unguarded)
3. Set AppGuard to "Allow installs"
4. Set AppGuard to "OFF"

@Lockdown
how come you can't directly purchase Appguard anymore? was thinking of buying it but it wants me to contact the sales team?

Looks like a site re-build to me. I don't always get real-time infos from operations and sales divisions so it's new to me too.

Contact them and ask... "Dude, where's the AppGuard download link ?!!"

@Lockdown
Thank you.I made all them.
I ask for learning.What is for we untick Powershell in Guarded Apps list?

I think there are some advanced AppGuard users on kafan.cn.

Just letting you know. I tried following them using Google Translate, but it does not work for Asian languages.

Google Translate for Chinese suxx ! It gives mostly nonsense in English.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.