KIS 2018 & HMPA & VS setings

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
I run the exact same combination.
Added VS exe and VS service exe to KIS Exceptions/Trusted applications
Added HMPA exe to Trusted application in KIS too, so KIS doesn't mess with anything these 2 are doing.

Not sure why people keep telling everyone to remove HMPA, what if he needs extra anti-exploit? Yes, KIS has some, but not as much as HMPA does...
FYI this combo works together well, been using it for a while now, I even have KIS Trusted Apps mode on.

kN5DNP.png

(ZAM has startup on boot disabled, not running it for realtime)

You have using Shadow Defender.I looked it and it is looked not update now.

Is it good?

Reactions: frogboy

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
Co-excluding HMP.A and KIS in the other will not prevent mitigation clashes. Mutliple anti-exploits should not be run on a single system; use one or the other. There are cases where running two programs with exploit mitigations completely breaks the protections - only to be discovered after the system gets smacked by an exploit.

Unless there is a way to completely disable KIS' anti-exploit features, another anti-exploit should not be used with it.

Can I use do you think KIS 2018 & VS but use with them HMP Alert when demand and not realtime?

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
It's debatable whether or not piling a bunch of security softs on top of KIS increases security significantly.

I think a few hard tweaks sets K's protection to tippy-top heights.

Next thing you know, you security soft geeks will be demanding combo testing from the AV Labs.

They will gladly do it as long as they get paid.

Can you say you think what are a few hard tweaks to KIS?

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
HMP.A is always on. There is no way to disable it except to uninstall it.

Yes. If you want to use it as an on demand scanner, just move the regular, free HitmanPro portable software to your programs folder, and remove HMP.A.

Reactions: weedeezee

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
@brod56
Thank you.

Can I work HitmanPro I use my HMP Alert license?

I do not know, but I guess not. Hopefully someone may clarify that situation for you.
Still, you can use HitmanPro scanner for free if you always select the option "I just want to scan my PC once".

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
You have using Shadow Defender.I looked it and it is looked not update now.

Is it good?
yes, it's one of the best to deepfreeze with, tried Deep Freeze but it bugged out on me numerous times, never had an issue with Shadow Defender.

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
yes, it's one of the best to deepfreeze with, tried Deep Freeze but it bugged out on me numerous times, never had an issue with Shadow Defender.

I looked Shadow Defender it is look not updating.

Is is not developing now?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.