XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
After updating windows 10 to fall creators update kaspersky notification aren't showing up in action center instead they come up as a dialog box in bottom right corner.

KIS version :- 18.0.0.405 (d)

Any ideas how to fix this?
I think that's intended. Isn't it?

harlan4096

MalwareTips Staff
AV-Tester
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I still have not tested K2018MR0d in the new W10FC/RS3, but as @XhenEd says is probably intended, in fact, when Kaspersky changed the way their notifications are to the new W10 system (Notification Center), there were many complaints about it from users, because They wanted the old warning dialogue box in bottom right conner... so, what to do? no matter what You do, You'll get complaints...

Anyway check the W10 notifications settings for Your Kaspersky...

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I think that's intended. Isn't it?
I still have not tested K2018MR0d in the new W10FC/RS3, but as @XhenEd says is probably intended, in fact, when Kaspersky changed the way their notifications are to the new W10 system (Notification Center), there were many complaints about it from users, because They wanted the old warning dialogue box in bottom right conner... so, what to do? no matter what You do, You'll get complaints...

Anyway check the W10 notifications settings for Your Kaspersky...
well that's true you can't please everyone and anyhow i would like the notifications in the notification center. Is there any work around to do that?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I meant this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet but no luck...

Probably if is not intended, They will have to fix/add support in W10 FC/RS3...

Added: I remember that something similar was also at 1st with RS2... and finally They fixed it.
Enabling "show notifications in action center" didn't work for me either. Maybe there is some setting in kaspersky itself?
let's see whether it is intended or not this time.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
I would assume the behavior is intended as the (d) is supposed to provide full support for the Fall Creators Update. So, before Kaspersky Lab released the (d), I assume they knew and saw what notifications would be like in the newest OS version. :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I'm not getting notifications in the action centre which I actually prefer!!
The visual box is much better for me!!:)
Just like what harlan said above some folks want the notification box on screen and others want notifications in action center. Perhaps kaspersky lab can come up with the option to let user choose it's notification update method.

venustus

Level 43
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Just like what harlan said above some folks want the notification box on screen and others want notifications in action center. Perhaps kaspersky lab can come up with the option to let user choose it's notification update method.
Indeed!Personally I like the way it is now!I hated clearing out the notifications in the box.:)