Hot Take KIS/KTS/KSCloud/KStandard/KPlus/KPremium - Implementing Protected Folders via Manage Resources (+ Default Deny Mode)

PandaSecurity

Feb 2, 2023
Does anyone know how to implement interactive mode within kaspersky standard edition? I cant for the life of me find out how to put the protection mode in ask or interactive anywhere.

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The same was as in KPlus: Settings -> Performance Settings -> PC Resource Consumption:

1675409130184.png

Disable as showed that setting -> Perform recommended...

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I think this feature looks like Norton Data Protecter whereby a list of folders are protected by default. Of course you can add other folders as well.

If any of the protected folder is infected say by a ransomware does Kaspersky System Watcher rolls it back?

Reactions: simmerskool

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
SW will try to recover always, regardless of this custom tweaks of protected folders.
Thanks

Does SW rollback only protected folders stated in this thread or eveything that's infected? It must backup before rollback, right? Is there some settings to backup and rollback?

If a ransomware hits many files like below how do K backup/rollback?

About 6 mins to encrypt 100000 files like what the link below says

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

Ranking4029

Aug 18, 2022
What about Internet Access? Say a Password Stealer was downloaded on the device whose sole function is to steal user logins and Kaspersky doesn't detect it. With the configuration in this thread, will it be blocked from stealing user credentials or do I have to set network access on High Restricted to denied too?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
With the setting in this topic if the stealer runs and it's not on the Trusted application list it will either get denied from read/write/create/delete or ask you what to do based on the group it gets added. This picture shows what it is suggested but you can change all except Trusted application to deny if you wish.
Remember that you must add all drive you want to protect in the protected folders as shown on the first page of the topic.

1710055701067.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.