Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall & Netcraft
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
CCE w/ Killswitch, Zemana Antimalware, Norton Power Eraser & Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browser: Opera (latest version) (default browser)
Extensions: Nano Blocker & Defender, SingleClick Cleaner, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Privacy Possum, CSS Exfil Protection, Auto History Wipe, Netcraft, Script Defender & i don't care about cookies.

Browser: Comodo Ice Dragon
Extensions: Scriptsafe, uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, Behind The Overlay, Netcraft, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Trace, Decentraleyes & CanvasBlocker

Browser: Firefox Quantum (not on current system)
Extensions: NoScript, Decentraleyes, Cookie Auto Delete, Trace, uBlock Origin, IDN Safe, CSS Exfil Protection, ClearURLs, Skip Redirect, Smart Referer, Malwarebytes, BehindTheOverlay, Ghostery, Keyboard Privacy, CanvasBlocker, Netcraft & Random User Agent
Maintenance tools
O&OShutup 10, Defraggler, RevoUninstaller, SysHardener 1.5 (Evjl Rain settings) for additional system security and lockdown, procexp, Windscribe VPN Free 15GB plan, VLC Media Player, OpenOffice, 7zip, Virtual DJ Pro, CDBurnerXP, AOMEI Backupper Standard, Bleachbit, PrivaZer & Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Great Setup at all! Is VoodoooShield light on Resources? '
Very light!

I'm not using Opera.

ScriptSafe and Cydec Platform Anti-Fingerprinting have timezone spoofing/obfuscation feature.

When you use your VPN the zone and local time are changed when you select a different country. Your system time is not changed.

There are extensions to change/spoof timezone in FF/Chrome. You can try those and see
Any extensions for Chrome you suggest for me to use about spoofing timezone, this could be a major impact on privacy when using a VPN.

@HarborFront what do you think of this extension? Policy Control - JavaScript and Flash blocker

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Very light!

Any extensions for Chrome you suggest for me to use about spoofing timezone, this could be a major impact on privacy when using a VPN.

@HarborFront what do you think of this extension? Policy Control - JavaScript and Flash blocker
I think the Policy Control extension is for micro managing the website. I believe you can use uBO in non-easy mode or uMatrix to achieve more or less the same result.

Regarding the timezone when using VPN can you read

How to deal with time zone difference while using VPN?

Also this

If I change my computers date / time, what could be affected?

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Should I use Defraggler on my System too?
If you too. I use it in my setup. Quite a good software for defragging HDD, but do not defrag an SSD. This can cause problems.

~LDogg

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Reactions: frogboy

xSploit

Level 1
Jul 7, 2012
Solid security config you've got going there, mate... :cool:(y)
What are your thoughts on NVT OSArmor v1.4, in terms of protection and resource consumption?
I was thinking of pairing it with Windows Defender.

Reactions: oldschool

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Solid security config you've got going there, mate... :cool:(y)
What are your thoughts on NVT OSArmor v1.4, in terms of protection and resource consumption?
I was thinking of pairing it with Windows Defender.
Thank you my friend. Takes time and experience to get the correct set up for a personal config. :p
NVT OSArmor 1.4 is fab, the fact you can whitelist anything and create your own custom ruleset is a massive positive from v1.3. I would recommend using it alongside VoodooShield.
In terms of protection, does very well. In term of resource consumption, there's hardly any at all.

~LDogg

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Thank you my friend. Takes time and experience to get the correct set up for a personal config. :p
NVT OSArmor 1.4 is fab, the fact you can whitelist anything and create your own custom ruleset is a massive positive from v1.3. I would recommend using it alongside VoodooShield.
In terms of protection, does very well. In term of resource consumption, there's hardly any at all.

~LDogg
Nice security config. I use Opera. I try now after update to install malwarebytes extesnion and i can t .

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Have you tried the Google extension on Opera store? You'll be able to install it that way. Harborfront mentioned this to me.

~LDogg

Reactions: stefanos

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

~LDogg

Agreed! I use it with WD + VoodooShield. Some members consider it overkill. I call it hassle-free, lightweight layering! When I added SysHardener @ default my cpu usage on my old machine went down. All this with minimal memory impact!

Reactions: xSploit and LDogg

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Edit: cannot use ConfigureDefender due to OSArmor. Will not be using.

~LDogg
ConfigureDefender is not a real-time application, so the user can simply turn off OSArmor for a while and use ConfigureDefender to configure advanced Defender settings. After configuring Defender, OSArmor can be turned ON and all will work well. There is no need to change Defender settings frequently, so this procedure is not inconvenient.
Turning off OSArmor is not required when using default settings.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
ConfigureDefender is not a real-time application, so the user can simply turn off OSArmor for a while and use ConfigureDefender to configure advanced Defender settings. After configuring Defender, OSArmor can be turned ON and all will work well. There is no need to change Defender settings frequently, so this procedure is not inconvenient.

Re: @LDogg - Good catch on that one @Andy Ful. I missed that. You Da Man! I

Reactions: Andy Ful

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Thanks for letting me know, will take a look later on!

~LDogg

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Very light!

Policy Control is for JavaScript and Flash

If Flash is disabled/absent in your browsers then that leaves the control of JavaScripts. Whoer.net and browserleaks.com can show whether Flash is disabled/present in your browsers. As you are aware that indiscriminately controlling JavaScripts can break sites. So, do you really want to control JavaScripts?

As for Chrome/FF extension to change timezone I'm using Change Timezone (Time Shift), here

Change Timezone (Time Shift)

Too bad it does NOT have random setting (which will reduce your fingerprint) like Spoof Timezone. When used with a VPN the zone, local and system time are changed. I'll need to monitor whether changing timezone will interfere with my OS/other software

You can check your timezone from here

Date and Time Information - BrowserSpy.dk

One extension I can recommend is ChromeZero. Not sure if it can work on Opera.

Add-on - Chrome Extension Protects Against JavaScript-Based CPU Side-Channel Attacks

Edit - Change Timezone is causing my hotmail not opening the mails

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Did you try refreshing your extensions pages when it was installing? I found this to be the solution for it when installing extensions from Chrome Web Store.

~LDogg
thanks i am ok now

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Agreed! I use it with WD + VoodooShield. Some members consider it overkill. I call it hassle-free, lightweight layering! When I added SysHardener @ default my cpu usage on my old machine went down. All this with minimal memory impact!
2 weeks i use 360 TS with VoodooShield. More lite from WD. Iam tired from COMODO. I thing never i change this config.

Question

Level 3
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
When I use ScriptSafe (In Opera Latest & Stable) the browser cant search so you search: "test" and nothing is there just a blank tab

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.