Security updates
Allow security updates
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Comodo Firewall & Netcraft
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
CCE w/ Killswitch, Zemana Antimalware, Norton Power Eraser & Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browser: Opera (latest version) (default browser)
Extensions: Nano Blocker & Defender, SingleClick Cleaner, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Privacy Possum, CSS Exfil Protection, Auto History Wipe, Netcraft, Script Defender & i don't care about cookies.

Browser: Comodo Ice Dragon
Extensions: Scriptsafe, uBlock Origin, ClearURLs, Behind The Overlay, Netcraft, Cookie Autodelete, Random User-Agent, Trace, Decentraleyes & CanvasBlocker

Browser: Firefox Quantum (not on current system)
Extensions: NoScript, Decentraleyes, Cookie Auto Delete, Trace, uBlock Origin, IDN Safe, CSS Exfil Protection, ClearURLs, Skip Redirect, Smart Referer, Malwarebytes, BehindTheOverlay, Ghostery, Keyboard Privacy, CanvasBlocker, Netcraft & Random User Agent
Maintenance tools
O&OShutup 10, Defraggler, RevoUninstaller, SysHardener 1.5 (Evjl Rain settings) for additional system security and lockdown, procexp, Windscribe VPN Free 15GB plan, VLC Media Player, OpenOffice, 7zip, Virtual DJ Pro, CDBurnerXP, AOMEI Backupper Standard, Bleachbit, PrivaZer & Wise Care 365
File and Photo backup
AOMEI Backupper Standard
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Standard

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Overkill and redundant setup

If using Comodo

if not using Comodo

Also way too many extensions.

I feel Comodo Firewall on it's own wouldn't serve as the best primary security source for my set up. I would feel I would need VDS or OSArmor alongside CFW. I do agree to alternative that I should maybe uninstall VDS.

In regards to the extensions, it's more about privacy/security without the lack of webpage speed. Pages load just fine on both web browsers.

After all security for oneself is based off personal experience and opinion :p

After thought I maybe uninstalling OSArmor.

I would feel as if VDS + CFW + Unchecky could be sufficient.

Thanks for the reply @Umbra

~LDogg

Reactions: oldschool
D

Deleted member 178

I feel Comodo Firewall on it's own wouldn't serve as the best primary security source for my set up. I would feel I would need VDS or OSArmor alongside CFW. I do agree to alternative that I should maybe uninstall VDS.
If you don't trust a soft , don't use it. Comodo on its own is more powerful (if properly tweaked) than VS and OSA combined.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I trust Comodo. I wouldn't like to mess around to tweak with CFW and muck up the program or my system altogether, which is why I've left it alone. Same with most things.

Now however the setup is VDS + CFW + UnChecky. I like VDS on that fact it's informative about the aspect it blocks (same as CFW). Standard CFW & VDS I think is just ideal.

Not too overkill now (excluding extensions) @Umbra ?

~LDogg

D

Deleted member 178

I trust Comodo. I wouldn't like to mess around to tweak with CFW and muck up the program or my system altogether, which is why I've left it alone. Same with most things.
it is why you should learn about it then make your own settings, MT has one of the biggest source of valid infos about Comodo (check its section).

Not too overkill now (excluding extensions) @Umbra ?
still to me, but this is just my opinion, so if you are comfortable with it, so be it. just learn about Comodo and with time you will see i'm right.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 7/7/18

Extensions installed to Opera:
- Netcraft
- i don't care about cookies

Extensions removed from Opera:
- ScriptSafe (interference with YouTube homepage not loading correctly)
- minerBlock (NoCoin built into Opera already, plus Adblock scripts block miners by default)
- Skip Redirect (can create an infinite loop of redirects as a glitch
- Pure URL (doesn't seem to do the job it's marked as)

Edit: added i don't care about cookie for FF Quantum too.
Edit 2: added IDN Safe to Opera.

~LDogg

Last edited:

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 8/7/18

Removed from FF Quantum:
- Scriptsafe

Added to Opera:
- Norton Safe Search
- Script Defender (on test to see if it conflicts with YouTube)

~LDogg

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Why do you remove ScriptSafe? It's one of, if not the only one, of the script blockers that also blocks all kinds of fingerprinting, change your user agent, referrer spoofing, WebRTC, ... just ALL of it. :D

If that youtube issue is the only thing I might be able to help you, because it works just fine for me.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Why do you remove ScriptSafe? It's one of, if not the only one, of the script blockers that also blocks all kinds of fingerprinting, change your user agent, referrer spoofing, WebRTC, ... just ALL of it. :D

If that youtube issue is the only thing I might be able to help you, because it works just fine for me.

I also removed Scriptsafe based off the fingerprinting fails it had. I've used it for years, but I think as websites have adopted many additional aspects this extension has failed to keep up.

The various fingerprinting capabilities it had failed on multiple occasions when testing. Other aspects are blocked by uBlock etc as such Google Tag Manager et al. If I can find out the issue, I may reinstall it again. It's definitely extension related as the homepage or any page on YouTube doesn't show up at all on both Opera or FF Quantum.

~LDogg

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
There's an issue with a rule in "Fanboy’s Annoyance List" of uBlock Origin that blocks YouTube annotations deliberately. But otherwise ... you have to play around with enabling things on ScriptSafe (Including some fingerprinting) for YouTube and everything should work. (Like, what you do always with SS, really)

What tests did you do to confirm fingerprint fails? I just tested mine with BrowserLeaks.com - Web Browser Security Checklist for Identity Theft Protection and there were no working fingerprinting solutions except Font Fingerprinting.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
There's an issue with a rule in "Fanboy’s Annoyance List" of uBlock Origin that blocks YouTube annotations deliberately. But otherwise ... you have to play around with enabling things on ScriptSafe (Including some fingerprinting) for YouTube and everything should work. (Like, what you do always with SS, really)

What tests did you do to confirm fingerprint fails? I just tested mine with BrowserLeaks.com - Web Browser Security Checklist for Identity Theft Protection and there were no working fingerprinting solutions except Font Fingerprinting.

I tested on plenty of sites, some used by Harborfront, I used whoer.net, Browser Privacy - Test IP address, DNS, VPN leaks. Fast & no ads. Protect your online privacy., amiunique.com, https://zyan.scripts.mit.edu/sniffly/and some others, it failed at Canvas Fingerprinting, WebGL, Font, Timezone, Referrer Spoofing, Plugin Enermunation, Javascript APIs and some others when testing other sites too.

~LDogg

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
Yea, I forgot. It fails a canvas fingerprinting because it only randomizes the output, making you still identifiable by that abnormal randomness.
I'll take a look at the other sites, thank you :D

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Yea, I forgot. It fails a canvas fingerprinting because it only randomizes the output, making you still identifiable by that abnormal randomness.
I'll take a look at the other sites, thank you :D
No worries, take a look at my setup extension wise on Privacy based extensions. Also Page 2 of @HarborFront can give you some more help too. CanvasBlocker (FireFox) & Canvas Defender (Opera used with Google Extension/Google Chrome) does a good job of this, when testing.

~LDogg

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
(It is "Am I unique?" and not .com ):X3:

Ok, I tested ScriptSafe with your sites. If I deactivate Random User Agent and CanvasDefender, (Chrome) then yes, tracking is possible. But just because ScriptSafe is not changing both things every configurable amount of minutes, rather than once or everytime it's asked for. :(

But seriously, if any of your identifiers change over time you'll get a new combined tracking ID, wouldn't you? :unsure:
Or look at it more logical:
How many people have this exact collection of fonts? If you didn't install any by yourself - most of them, I assume. :giggle:
How many have this timezone? At the time you're online, probably also most of them.
How many people have this User Agent? Who cares? Yours is changing randomly every now and then. Making it also impossible to link that reading to one with a different user-agent, even though both have the same timezone and fonts.
How many have this Canvas fingerprint? Identical with above.

BTW, ScriptSafe does Referrer Spoofing. (I have it set to "Same Domain".) And it blocks Plugin Enumeration . Don't know why you mentioned those two, as this seems pretty good to me. :giggle:

So, yea, I guess RUA and CD are necessary, but SS is still a very good thing to have nonetheless.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Makes me dizzy contemplating all the extension configurations you might need to check for your YouTube issue.:emoji_cold_sweat::)

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
They have logs. Its easy to see if uBlock blocked something and why or if ScriptSafe did. (y)

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
OMG are you kidding me? XD Now that I was fumbling around with extensions, ScriptSafe is actually blocking whole YouTube, but doesn't say it is! Hahaha! Why? Was there an update in the last minutes? Argh... :ROFLMAO:
I didn't even change settings. I just turned some off temporarily. :emoji_sob:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of null
    at processFunctions (<anonymous>:92:41)
    at HTMLIFrameElement.get [as contentWindow] (<anonymous>:276:6)
    at inject (<anonymous>:66:67)
    at HTMLDocument.value [as createElement] (<anonymous>:98:29)
    at Wf (desktop_polymer.js:737)
    at desktop_polymer.js:2410
    at desktop_polymer.js:8940
FGS :ROFLMAO:
It fails because of this:
Code:
/* Audio Block */
            if (audioblock == 'true') {
                var audioblock_triggerblock = scope.document.createElement('div');
In ScriptSafes code. I didn't know ScriptSafe does something with audio. Hm. Let's see. :unsure:

Yeah... that error goes away if I whitelist youtube.com under "Block Audio Fingerprinting". However then it throws an error for canvas fonts and so forth. I had to whitelist youtube.com in every Fingerprint protection in order to make it work again. :geek:
I assume there is a bug in ScriptSafes code, coming from turning thing on and off too much. Otherwise it would have shown that it blocked it.

hm
EDIT: I contacted the dev and told him about this.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
No worries, take a look at my setup extension wise on Privacy based extensions. Also Page 2 of @HarborFront can give you some more help too. CanvasBlocker (FireFox) & Canvas Defender (Opera used with Google Extension/Google Chrome) does a good job of this, when testing.

~LDogg
My latest extensions are on page 5 post #96

Last edited:

Yellowing

Level 5
Verified
Jun 7, 2018
They seem a little doubled and redundant to me. Miner blocker if you have an ad-blocker with a filter for them AND ScriptSafe??

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.