New Update LibreWolf Browser - A fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

LibreWolf v122.0-2​

LibreWolf bsys6 Release v122.0-2
  • Fixed issue with shopping sidebar showing up

Download from Homepage, including as portable version:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was using Librewolf today to setup a login with 2fa. The setup page generated passcodes as backup, but the actual QR code would not display properly -- it just generated veritcal lines in the QR code box. Tech at the website confirmed that the QR code was not displaying properly because of Librewolf, but he did not understand why, and mentioned all other browsers do display the QR code properly. Has anyone else seen that using Librewolf? And any idea why QR does NOT display properly in Librewolf? Anything "suspicious" about this?? :unsure:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Try a lower screen resolution maybe...
fwiw, tech on the server said he tested with librewolf after I notified him, and he said problem is librewolf works ok with other browsers. Makes me stop & wonder WTF is going on under the hood that we don't see -- I felt a Matrix moment last night, not a good one... fwiw... o_O

• HaHa
Reactions: MuzzMelbourne

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
another incident / failure re 2fa QR code: I tried again to set 2fa on specific website this time running Firefox 123.0.1 on win10 and I got the same reaction as last time using Librewolf, ie, a QR code with all vertical stripes. Tech on other end said it also failed for him using FF in Linux but worked ok in windows. I am running Checkpoint Harmony and wonder if Harmony is blocking something that normally "downloads" with the QR code. Still makes me wonder what exactly is happening deeper in the system than I know how to get to regarding 2fa settings, eg, is something being copied somewhere by default from that website that the security on pc is blocking. :unsure:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.