New Update LibreWolf Browser - A fork of Firefox, focused on privacy, security and freedom

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
LibreWolf v113.0.1-1 released

To receive automatic updates, you may refer to the unofficial LibreWolf-WinUpdaterthat employs a scheduled task to accomplish the same. Alternatively, if your aim is solely to receive notifications upon new version releases, the unofficial LibreWolf Updater extension is a suitable option.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
We are currently testing distribution on Windows via the Microsoft Store. This has the main advantage that updates are provided automatically. You can read more about the ongoing process in this issue and download LibreWolf from the Microsoft Store here:
Get it from Microsoft
LibreWolf Browser

Installing from the MS Store was very quick and passes SAC verification.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
LibreWolf Browser

Installing from the MS Store was very quick and passes SAC verification.
so I went to MS Store, and it has a link "Get..." but did not click it as unsure does it download the setup.exe to your pc, or does it immediately start to install it. I am curious as I wanted to compare sha256 with the setup.exe download from librewolf dot net site.

PS one person post at MS Store
While yes, it has automatic updates I would say don't use the Microsoft store version, I tried to go to my profiles (about:profiles) and access the root directory, but sadly I forgot that all apps/games on the Microsoft store are "protected" when its really just an annoyance. TL;DR you can not modify any files in LibreWolf when you get it from here. Get their GitLab/Website version instead, Amazing browser regardless (one of the best in my opinion) just limited by the platform.

Reactions: Nevi and oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
unsure does it download the setup.exe to your pc
No
or does it immediately start to install it.
No, it opens the Store App in Windows and you may select to install.
ou can not modify any files in LibreWolf when you get it from here.
Who would need to? it's set up OOTB and you can adjust your preferred settings, and then configure µBO as you like.
just limited by the platform.
Only from your perspective. As a Store app it has appcontainer potection and is more secure by default, plus it's signed so it actually has advantages.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
No

No, it opens the Store App in Windows and you may select to install.

Who would need to? it's set up OOTB and you can adjust your preferred settings, and then configure µBO as you like.

Only from your perspective. As a Store app it has appcontainer potection and is more secure by default, plus it's signed so it actually has advantages.
fwiw, comment was a quote from someone else, just curious as I have Librewolf on a VM but did not want to click and end up installing on pc I was using...

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
Just did this change

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-08-30 153457.jpg
    Immagine 2023-08-30 153457.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Immagine 2023-08-30 153545.jpg
    Immagine 2023-08-30 153545.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 97

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.