Looking for a Security Product Review? Leave your request here!

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello I am sure you have heard it before, but I would like a review of Windows Defender for Windows 10:)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Full Product Name: Panda Cloud Fee
Version: Latest version for windows
Developers Website: Panda Free Antivirus
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Detection test

Been hearing good things from a few users over at wilders. was wanting to see what the fuss was about.
https://malwaretips.com/threads/12-2-2018-18.79838/#post-710910

https://malwaretips.com/threads/mixed-threats-09-02-2018-15.79759/#post-710474

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-big-pack-02-02-2018-26.79539/#post-708980
Looking for two products this time.

Can someone please test the most recent version of Fortinet Antivirus Free ( all moduals)

and NoVirusThanks OSarmor?
https://malwaretips.com/threads/mixed-threats-16-02-2018-20.79975/#post-711851

https://malwaretips.com/threads/12-2-2018-18.79838/#post-711224

Filipe

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2018
Hi,

Can you please test:

Full Product Name: ESET Internet Security
Version: 11.1.54.0
Developers Website: ESET
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Protection against unkown malicious processes and ransomware

Thank you guys.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Full Product Name: Easy File Locker
Version: 2.2
Developers Website: www.xoslab.com
Special Testing Requirements (Optional): Add documents and desktop folders and test against ransomware (other than boot-time encryptors like Petya). Really would like to know two things:

1. Can EFL be bypassed by ransomware?
2. Is there malware that can shut down EFL? Not sure about self-protection of the program.

It would be great to see once and for all if this program will do under direct pressure of an attack. For all I know it could crumble like a house of cards. Haven't seen any evidence that it won't. Thanks to whoever might take on this challenge and thanks for this thread. First time I have noticed it here.

Reactions: Windows_Security

neapo

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
I would like to see a review to the free antivirus. I shared one some years ago, it's time to a new one.

Here's a list of free antivirus:

Avast Free Antivirus
AVG Antivirus FREE
Avira Antivirus FREE
Bitdefender Antivirus Free
ClamWin + Clam Sentinel
Comodo Internet Security
FortiClient
Windows Defender
NANO Antivirus
Panda Antivirus Free
360 Total Security
Immunet
Adaware Antivirus Free
SecureAPlus
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus 2019
Tiranium Anti-Virus 2019
Tencent PC Manager
Kaspersky free

neapo

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
Can you be more specific as to what type of malware or web threat you want tested?

Otherwise you can generally find generic tests copied from YouTube posted here Security and Antivirus Videos

A review that tests the performance and general detection of the AV's above. And as you can see (the likes i'm getting) i'm not the only one looking for it.
@stefanos maybe you could do a battle between all the free AV's that i posted above?

Reactions: stefanos

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
A review that tests the performance and general detection of the AV's above. And as you can see (the likes i'm getting) i'm not the only one looking for it.
@stefanos maybe you could do a battle between all the free AV's that i posted above?
Everyone has their own opinion. For me the best free solutions is Kaspersky free , Avast free , AVG free , Bitdefender free. See also the link. It has test results from HUB. I do the tests on my laptop but I can't post them because of bad English.

Last edited:

neapo

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
Everyone has their own opinion. For me the best free solutions is Kaspersky free , Avast free , AVG free , Bitdefender free. See also the link. It has test results from HUB. I do the tests on my laptop but I can't post them because of bad English.

What's the language you speak?

Reactions: Venustus

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
I would love to see a good updated test of Malwarebytes premium. Please also use Malwarebytes browser guard in the test. I feel Malwarebytes has improved greatly now it's time for everyone to see that. You may also want to enable "use expert system algorithms to identify malicious files" this can be found under the security settings in the UI.

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I would like to see a test of Symantec endpoint protection showing how it protects you against ransomware with the file scanner turned off and unmanaged

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.