Advice Request Looking for firewall that performs like Netlimiter

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
This is the latest version and no upgrades for it - V16 24.00.57.29 ...link to download is OK. About 30 min ago I've downloaded installation file without surprise...the same while installation process
Below some screenshots of maine window and the tab with tools you will be interrested...one is what you search - "NetApps" with option to controll speed of transfer. In columns "Download/Upload speed" you should push the icon of pen and type your limit (deffault settings is unlimited)
View attachment 238458 View attachment 238459
View attachment 238461 View attachment 238460
I somehow cant Install it as it says that it needs to get installed on a chinese system... :(

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Tutman and ichito

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
OK...I think you could try SpyShelter free - it's firewall with HIPS module and I think it sticks to your expectation. As I observed it's waiting for your decision and don't close process befor you do it.
Well..... I tried latest version of spyshelter and seems to slow my boot time AND I got a BSOD while testing it with WD and Kaspersky Anti Ransomware! :(

Reactions: Protomartyr

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
It could depends on Windows version...the latest can cause some issues...and, what is more important, on creating proper exclusion rules in others security apps with some detections technologies. WD and Kaspersky tool probably are blocking SS drivers and needed system modification created during installation and job of SS.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@SecureKongo
Few minuts ago i've installed Risng FW downloaded in may of 2020...number of version on screenshot...and everything went OK - I have English version on Polish Windows 7 :)
200810135649_1.jpg
then I updated it successfuly
200810135807_2.jpg
and as the result I have probably the latest build - 24.00.60.18
200810135833_3.jpg

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
Never ever use Chinese "firewall" softwares, or phones. They're backdoored.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Never ever use Chinese "firewall" softwares, or phones. They're backdoored.
You lose the chance to know sometimes very interesting and innovative software that gives opportunity to build own wise, skills and experience.
Your choice ;)

Reactions: brambedkar59

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.