Looks like Bitdefender now filters TLS 1.3

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Seems to be filtering with sites with TLS 1.3 properly now. No longer downgraded to 1.2. This is a good site to test AV certs because they don't us an EV Certificate and aren't excepted.

Attachments

• BD TLS 1.3.png
    BD TLS 1.3.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 370

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Is this an observation on your endpoint from a previous update, or a new/recent Bitdefender program update?
A new observation while trialing Bitdefender. Before any known TLS 1.3 site would show TLS 1.2. I admit it is a guess on my part that they have completely rolled it out, but previously they would downgrade these certs. On TLS 1.2 certs it displays TLS 1.2. I haven't used BD since last summer really, so I can't pinpoint when the update was rolled in if it was.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.