Make your video test requests!

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I really appreciate all the hard work Shadowra does for these tests, they are a valuable resource for this forum. I also am appreciative of his willingness to try to accommodate members requests. We all know that there are other sites that test AV's extensively, therefore my request is a "versus" test of secondary protection programs. Such as Appguard vs. Voodoo Shield, Malwarebytes vs. Hitman Pro Alert, OsArmour vs. Simple Windows Hardening. Not sure how you would do these tests, I guess on a system without an AV??? In any case do not feel compelled to do any of these tests Shadowra, more of a comment then an actual request, maybe in 2025 hey?

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I really appreciate all the hard work Shadowra does for these tests, they are a valuable resource for this forum. I also am appreciative of his willingness to try to accommodate members requests. We all know that there are other sites that test AV's extensively, therefore my request is a "versus" test of secondary protection programs. Such as Appguard vs. Voodoo Shield, Malwarebytes vs. Hitman Pro Alert, OsArmour vs. Simple Windows Hardening. Not sure how you would do these tests, I guess on a system without an AV??? In any case do not feel compelled to do any of these tests Shadowra, more of a comment then an actual request, maybe in 2025 hey?

I try to answer as much as possible to the requests, but it is true that my personal life does not always leave me the time unfortunately especially that in 1 month I take the final exam for my degree in computer science.
Nevertheless, I'll execute your request and see how I'll proceed :)

partha_roy

Level 3
Well-known
Oct 16, 2022
I try to answer as much as possible to the requests, but it is true that my personal life does not always leave me the time unfortunately especially that in 1 month I take the final exam for my degree in computer science.
Could you upload your recent review of CIS where the sandbox failed?

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I would be very interested to see the results of these tests but please put your personal life first, if you have a " to do" of 20 items put my request at #20.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Such as Appguard vs. Voodoo Shield,
@Shadowra If you do this test please think how you will lable/count the prompts VS will make. Because in my mind every prompt that's labeled only "suspicious" isn't a really block because it shifts the decision to the end user (so user dependent). Or files that are labled "unsafe" but are clean. Unsigned files are sometimes labled "suspicious" but aren't infected so that should be a FP and not a block for my logic. I hope you understand the point I'm trying to make to the best of my language skills :D
Thanks a lot for all your nice test.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Ransomware for home users is kind of non-existent these days. I mean it happens but not at the scale of the early to mid 2010's. It's all enterprise because that's where the money is. You would have to be very unlucky to get hit if you're a home user unless you're into crypto and then they wouldn't use ransomware because they just want to steal the wallet.dat and your wallet password.

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
chomar rename to c-prot...
do u want to test with his new name?:LOL:

I would like to, I have installed it but... (I have never tested it)

Capture d’écran 2023-04-20 124449.png

Trial expired ?
Idiot Facepalm GIF

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Hello :)

A little idea I had this morning...
A lot of people watch my videos, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Seeing that you like it motivates me to continue making them.

You should know that I spend about 2 to 3 hours per video, in preparation, sampling, testing, editing and uploading! 😁
But, it can happen that I frustrate some members, because their requests they made to me, I can't find them anymore.....
It's not my fault unfortunately, hence this topic.

So, throw the Antivirus or Duo you want to see!

Note: You must indicate the name of the antivirus, its version, and if I have to configure it. Without precision, it will be tested with the default settings.
Also read what I plan to test, which avoids proposing for nothing.
So, ready? Submit! 😉😉

What I have planned:

- Microsoft Windows Defender
- LMT AntiMalware
- Norton 360
- Avira Free
I would love to see a comparison of key log encryptors i.e., anti-keyloggers, and their effectiveness at preventing your data from being captured. I know that Eset IS Premium has one, Hitman Pro Alert Has one, and that Polish company that got sold to a Texas conglomerate offers one.

Reactions: Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I would love to see a comparison of key log encryptors i.e., anti-keyloggers, and their effectiveness at preventing your data from being captured. I know that Eset IS Premium has one, Hitman Pro Alert Has one, and that Polish company that got sold to a Texas conglomerate offers one.

You mean software like KeyScrambler / Zemana Anti-Logger and SpyShielter Anti-logger VS Keyloggers?

Reactions: simmerskool

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
We update the list!

Avast (already shot)
Bitdefender (already shot)
These 2 tests will be released soon.

Next ones :

- AppCheck Anti-Ransowmare
- SpyShielter Premium
- CyberLock
- AdAware Free
- Microsoft Defender vs Bitdefender Free
- Gdata TS

As I am in the middle of my degree review, I will limit myself to 1 video per week until mid April! (because after the diploma, I'll take a little break ^^ 4/5 days)

Make your requests too !
@Digmor Crusher I can't find your request though, can you repost it? I'll add it.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.