Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Testing security software with default settings has long since been not interesting.

The only value that home users get from antivirus are the features provided that are above and beyond Microsoft Defender features.

I remind you that newbie will not modify the configuration of an antivirus :) suddenly the default parameters are voluntarily set. Only if the member asks me for a particular configuration, I do it.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

As you can see, there are fewer videos. It's normal.
I'm on an internship... in my training center (because I don't have an internship) and the hours are... long :p
Right now I'm preparing the computers for the final exam session (deployment, GLPI, master, cloning etc) and I'm assembling the PCs (boxes, processor etc).
I have already shot 5 videos, I will upload them to you without worries :)
I will also do the requested requests, but at a longer pace.

Enjoy, take care ;)

Shadowra.

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
Hello :)

As you can see, there are fewer videos. It's normal.
I'm on an internship... in my training center (because I don't have an internship) and the hours are... long: p
Right now I'm preparing the computers for the final exam session (deployment, GLPI, master, cloning etc) and I'm assembling the PCs (boxes, processor etc).
I have already shot 5 videos, I will upload them to you without worries :)
I will also do the requested requests, but at a longer pace.

Enjoy, take care ;)

Shadowra.

Give him a rest :). The boy is doing a good job. But he also has his private life like any of us. Everything in its own time. :)

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

I remind you that newbie will not modify the configuration of an antivirus
This is true. Newbies can get default setting test results from PCMag, AV-Comparatives and AV-Test.

Tests at default settings because newbies will not change the settings does not differentiate much between products. A newbie can randomly pick a product and it will provide decent security. The real differences are in the advanced settings and configuration.

It is just how it is.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
This is true. Newbies can get default setting test results from PCMag, AV-Comparatives and AV-Test.

Tests at default settings because newbies will not change the settings does not differentiate much between products. A newbie can randomly pick a product and it will provide decent security. The real differences are in the advanced settings and configuration.

It is just how it is.
Most of the AVs nowadays provide only non-critical settings (I am excluding of course business products and the defender ASR rules). Most of the settings are how to handle low-risk items, increase heuristic/ml sensitivity and configure notifications/gaming mode. Kaspersky and Eset have remained more configurable and Norton to an extent. McAfee for example has no AV settings whatsoever, you can just turn it on and off.

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Most of the AVs nowadays provide only non-critical settings (I am excluding of course business products and the defender ASR rules). Most of the settings are how to handle low-risk items, increase heuristic/ml sensitivity and configure notifications/gaming mode. Kaspersky and Eset have remained more configurable and Norton to an extent. McAfee for example has no AV settings whatsoever, you can just turn it on and off.
You know what I'm getting at... those advanced settings will be thought of differently if Shadowra proves they are not as effective as people think that they are.

Except for default deny solutions (e.g. Kaspersky's Application Control), security solutions at maximum settings will add little to overall protection.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
When you have time, may try this, and arcabit also from Poland, the official website can get a trial version.
The last time they took the avlab test the detection rate was 100% (but I don't know this organization and I don't know the accuracy of their tests).:)

ArcaBit I have already done it :)

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
ArcaBit I have already done it :)
sry for my bad english.... I mean same as arcabit, its from Poland...:ROFLMAO:

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
can someone test Mcafee endpoint security?

It's Trellix now :)

carl fish

Level 7
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
It's Trellix now :)

is there a guide on how to configure it?

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.