Make your video test requests!

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Sometimes we look at a lot of very good programs and just want to see the garbage :ROFLMAO:
Hope @Shadowra doesn't mind us being so vicious
I've actually tested it multiple times and I can assure you it's not a good program. I even bought a license so that I could see if there were any improvements over the course of a year, but there weren't. If it was any good, you would see people recommending it.

If @Shadowra was to test it, it would just confirm what I'm saying. But I think it's a waste of time testing garbage like this, when there is decent security software to test.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
"CryptoPrevent is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats."
I get emails from foolish_it every so often, IIRC it was one of the first tools to block certain threats, but is it still viable, have you tested it?

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
"CryptoPrevent is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats."
I get emails from foolish_it every so often, IIRC it was one of the first tools to block certain threats, but is it still viable, have you tested it?

I don't know him, I'll have to look at this quietly ! :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Norton Power Eraser (NPE), Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner, ESET online Scanner, Emsisoft EEK, or you know those and thinking of something else?
Thanks a lot! I just did not have these that you quoted Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner and ESET online Scanner I will download now. I think I was compromised, but I want to find out what happened.

Reactions: franz

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks a lot! I just did not have these that you quoted Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner and ESET online Scanner I will download now. I think I was compromised, but I want to find out what happened.
F-Secure Online Scanner, you need to be in admin account, the others, may run_as_admin..., not sure. Good luck.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.