Make your video test requests!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I think you can choose between Sophos or Kaspersky engine. @Trident can tell you more about it I guess.
I understand the same as @Kongo but during install that is not exactly the choice you are given, or that is not how it is presented. There's a deeper level of understanding about the initial deployment setup that @Trident understands. My current understanding is that adjustments can be made after the fact, but only up to a point before it gets more complicated. I watched a 36 min pre-deployment video, and this was not discussed in terms of Sophos vs Kaspersky. I have not read any Checkpoint documentation that explains this, but I think Trident has.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Test Request:
Voodooshield on autopilot against various malware, including pe (dll), scriptors (bat, cmd, js), weaponized documents (pdf, docx) and exploits.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
does check point harmony endpoint use the kaspersky engine?
It depends on what you will choose. The default version is based on Kaspersky AVSYS, whilst DHS (Department of Homeland Security)-compliant is based on Sophos SAVI.

@Shadowra I can export my policy and provide it to you. Or we can go through the Check Point settings together.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I've just lost my job...
Apparently, I wasn't up to it, even though it's been 1 week.
So the videos will resume as before when I want.

Obviously, I have to look for a new job, but I'm also going to sue my former employer because in France, it's illegal to fire someone when they've been there for 1 week.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I've just lost my job...

Obviously, I have to look for a new job, but I'm also going to sue my former employer because in France, it's illegal to fire someone when they've been there for 1 week.
I'm sorry you lost your job. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new job.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I've just lost my job...

Sad to hear that, hope you find another (better) job soon 🙏

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Tachyon has just released a personal version 6.0 , and it looks like they've added the Bitdefender engine to the personal version.
If you have time you can test it?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Tachyon has just released a personal version 6.0 , and it looks like they've added the Bitdefender engine to the personal version.
If you have time you can test it?
Previous versions used Bitdefender signatures at one point. It looks like there is only a trial version for download and it will be hard to buy if you don't live in South Korea.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Previous versions used Bitdefender signatures at one point. It looks like there is only a trial version for download and it will be hard to buy if you don't live in South Korea.
Previous enterprise versions used Bitdefender, but at least at the time of my testing (around 2020-2021?) the IS version not. I also asked their email about this and they advised me to buy the For Endpoint version.
I consulted with a Korean and he told me that INCA doesn't have a good reputation in Korea (seemingly as a result of the nprotect anti-cheat debacle) and he hasn't know how to buy it, but he can confirm with me that he hasn't seen it in offline shops.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.