Make your video test requests!

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Shadowra I kindly request that you test Microsoft Defender and Firewall on Windows 11 or 10, with a preference for 11. Select the "High" Protection Level using ConfigureDefender. Choose the ON option for the "Block executable files from running..." setting in ConfigureDefender. Thank you!

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
For those who may be interested in SentinelOne.It's from the same person that sales Deepinstinct. He also confirmed that you can buy a single license, there's no minimum. Also, it can't be paid monthly like a subscription. Contact:dclifford@cyberforcesecurity.com

IMG_2690.jpeg

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
For those who may be interested in SentinelOne.It's from the same person that sales Deepinstinct. He also confirmed that you can buy a single license, there's no minimum. Also, it can't be paid monthly like a subscription. Contact:dclifford@cyberforcesecurity.com

View attachment 276960
did you look at the 3 variations of features (services). Can you give us a brief summary or perhaps link to comparisons?? I have Di with them and paid annually too. Eager to see the upcoming video...

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
F

ForgottenSeer 100397

@Shadowra I kindly request that you test Microsoft Defender and Firewall on Windows 11 or 10, with a preference for 11. Select the "High" Protection Level using ConfigureDefender. Choose the ON option for the "Block executable files from running..." setting in ConfigureDefender. Thank you!
@Shadowra Have you accepted or rejected the test request? No rush, just checking in.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra Have you accepted or rejected the test request? No rush, just checking in.

It has been validated :) it's quite rare for me to refuse a request (except in exceptional cases, but I always indicate this).
It will be processed as soon as I upload what I have in stock :)

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Hello :)

A little idea I had this morning...
A lot of people watch my videos, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Seeing that you like it motivates me to continue making them.

You should know that I spend about 2 to 3 hours per video, in preparation, sampling, testing, editing and uploading! 😁
But, it can happen that I frustrate some members, because their requests they made to me, I can't find them anymore.....
It's not my fault unfortunately, hence this topic.

So, throw the Antivirus or Duo you want to see!

Note: You must indicate the name of the antivirus, its version, and if I have to configure it. Without precision, it will be tested with the default settings.
Also read what I plan to test, which avoids proposing for nothing.
So, ready? Submit! 😉😉

What I have planned:

- Microsoft Windows Defender
- LMT AntiMalware
- Norton 360
- Avira Free
I tried to look but the most recent Webroot review I saw done by our local members was in early 2020 so would it be possible to give it another shot? I know that it will fail miserably but honestly I am wondering if they have improved in all those years?

I used to use Prevex back in the day and I think the last time I used it was 2007 and it was version 3. Then in 2012ish I got few Webroot lic from staples (they were selling them for $5 so I picked up 6).

While cleaning my garage I found 3 unopened Webroot boxes and I was wondering if it would be worth it to install it as a 2nd opinion scanner.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I tried to look but the most recent Webroot review I saw done by our local members was in early 2020 so would it be possible to give it another shot? I know that it will fail miserably but honestly I am wondering if they have improved in all those years?
Yes, it has improved a little, it has been installed on my Father's computer for years and it is working perfectly, just yesterday I downloaded a sample and it detected it as soon as I extracted it from the compressed file, but it does not even come close in effectiveness to products like kaspersky, F-Secure, Bitdefender, norton, etc. Maybe @Shadowra can test to see how it is in 2023.;)

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

It has been validated :) it's quite rare for me to refuse a request (except in exceptional cases, but I always indicate this).
It will be processed as soon as I upload what I have in stock :)
Just wanted to check if you might have forgotten about it. :)

• Applause
Reactions: Shadowra

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
low level priority... how about combo: MS Defender (with either ConfigureDefender or DefenderUI max settings) as registered AV, along with Malwarebytes 4.6 or 5.0 beta real-time. Any way in a test to tell if Mbam is adding to protection... :unsure:
EDIT or nevermind, I see you posted a video Mbam 5 beta...(Dec 2022) unless the combo request seems like something you want to do.

Last edited:

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

I'm taking 3/4 days for myself, since it's the end of summer in France and it's very hot. And I feel a bit like swimming ^^
So I'll start shooting again on Friday, with a release sometime this weekend or next week.

Enjoy your end of summer !! ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.