Make your video test requests!

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

@Shadowra I'm certainly in no hurry to see a certain test done, please do rest up, i just left the request here for when you can, mostly as you know, to show others, that learning the application is to ones benefit, as they are quite adjustable for protection in most cases. Of course its always a usability/protection toss up when it comes to tweaking protection. An applications ability should not be judged by its default settings for usability though.

Hope you get feeling better soon.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
"Powered with innovative Artificial Intelligence and Cloud signatures engine, RogueKiller is the best virus removal tool" Really? :unsure:
just curious since this tool has been around for a quite a while. don't see it discussed much here at MT, no one (or rarely) mentions it as a 2d opinion scanner. Both free & paid.
PS "best" is an Adlice quote (not mine).

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@Shadowra

Please test C-Prot Antivirus

It got good result at VirusBulletin but I want to make sure that they aren't biased their way in.
C-Prot Antivirus has not been released yet, aside from the Android version. The download from their website, downloads Chomar Antivirus which is their previous product. I do not know what differences - if any, there are between the two products, but Chomar is complete garbage and would fail miserably is tested. Most likely C-Prot is just as bad as Chomar, just with a different name. VirusBulletin testing is a joke these days, which is why it pretty much never gets a mention at security forums anymore. It's very easy to get VB certification.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
C-Prot Antivirus has not been released yet, aside from the Android version. The download from their website, downloads Chomar Antivirus which is their previous product. I do not know what differences - if any, there are between the two products, but Chomar is complete garbage and would fail miserably is tested. Most likely C-Prot is just as bad as Chomar, just with a different name. VirusBulletin testing is a joke these days, which is why it pretty much never gets a mention at security forums anymore. It's very easy to get VB certification.

Above all, I think it's a huge scam...
It's telling me "License expired" when the virtual machine is brand new? ....

Capture d’écran 2023-09-24 133210.png

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Detection vs Prevention.

Seems to me once something is detected by an Antivirus, the damage is already been done. Wouldn't it be more prudent to invest this time spent in learning prevention instead?

Just a thought

I could make prevention videos, but I must admit I don't really have the time...

By the way, there's an idea for a test that just came in... I'll let you guess :) (Hint: LastPass / Bitwarden)

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

I could make prevention videos, but I must admit I don't really have the time...

By the way, there's an idea for a test that just came in... I'll let you guess :) (Hint: LastPass / Bitwarden)
That was supposed to be to your benefit, as you should be resting from what im reading here.

It is also to teach them that most of these detection tests are a waste of time. I see that you have spent time in the HUB so you are more than aware that detection is mostly pointless now days, as zero days do not have signatures which means the AV will not detect them. It is why long time ago, i pointed out that not testing the whole suite, is a discredit to the application. As the other components that play bigger roles now days such as behavior blockers, IDS/IPS, HIPS ect are important parts of the whole. Its why i posted the Eset test parameters, mostly as a point, that there is more to eset than just install and hope it does what you need. I can not stress enough, that if you are taking time to be here and ask questions, than use that time to fully learn the applications you are using.

Prevention is not an application, it is in learning what to look out for, as most infections today rely on social engineering "being tricked". So when i say these things @Shadowra its not to get you to test, but to get others in the thread to understand that a good portion of this is upon them to learn/research, as doing all this to begin with is overwhelming when one feels just fine, let alone under the weather.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Above all, I think it's a huge scam...
It's telling me "License expired" when the virtual machine is brand new? ....
I'm sure I've been able to trial it before. I have used a paid version too, as it was about $3 to buy a license, if you buy from their Turkish language page. But to be fair, it's a waste of money even at that price.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

The videos will be slowed down from October 9th... I was starting my new job as a support technician :D

=> 1 video per week minimum! I'll let you know if I can't make it.

On the other hand, I'm publishing the 4 tests I've got in store soon :)

Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.