It's garbage. Unless they release a new version with some major improvements, it will fail miserably when tested.Chomar internet security no one is testing it. I am very curious![]()
Last edited:
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
It's garbage. Unless they release a new version with some major improvements, it will fail miserably when tested.Chomar internet security no one is testing it. I am very curious![]()
Sometimes we look at a lot of very good programs and just want to see the garbageIt's garbage. Unless they release a new version with some major improvements, it will fail miserably when tested.
Even the website clearly looks rubbish.It's garbage. Unless they release a new version with some major improvements, it will fail miserably when tested.
I've actually tested it multiple times and I can assure you it's not a good program. I even bought a license so that I could see if there were any improvements over the course of a year, but there weren't. If it was any good, you would see people recommending it.Sometimes we look at a lot of very good programs and just want to see the garbage
Hope @Shadowra doesn't mind us being so vicious
I think they are only using their own engine, but I might be wrong.@roger_m does Chomar use any third-party engines?
No, only their own.@roger_m does Chomar use any third-party engines?
A long time ago they used the sophos engine, I don't know if they have changed now.@roger_m does Chomar use any third-party engines?
They've been using their own engine since at least 2017, which is when I first used it.A long time ago they used the sophos engine, I don't know if they have changed now.
EDIT: I asked people who have used it recently and now they should be their own engine
they are succeeding in the vb100 test. but I trust @Shadowra's real-time testSophos engine is not bad but since they are using a proprietary one, I can only wish them good luck and they will need it.
I can do a quick spin too and record it, but I am somewhat convinced in advance that it wouldn’t survivethey are succeeding in the vb100 test. but I trust @Shadowra's real-time test
It's very easy to get VB100 certified these days, so a VB100 award is largely meaningless. This would be the reason why it's rare for Virus Bulletin to even get a mention here and at Wilders anymore.they are succeeding in the vb100 test. but I trust @Shadowra's real-time test
www.d7xtech.com
"CryptoPrevent is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats."
I get emails from foolish_it every so often, IIRC it was one of the first tools to block certain threats, but is it still viable, have you tested it?
CryptoPrevent Anti-Malware
SRP Protections – The original protection method since CryptoPrevent version 1 was automatically created “SRP” rules (aka “Software Restriction Policies” which are nor…www.d7xtech.com
Can you point me to some on-demand scanners? Thanks!I don't know him, I'll have to look at this quietly !![]()
Norton Power Eraser (NPE), Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner, ESET online Scanner, Emsisoft EEK, or you know those and thinking of something else?Can you point me to some on-demand scanners? Thanks!
Thanks a lot! I just did not have these that you quoted Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner and ESET online Scanner I will download now. I think I was compromised, but I want to find out what happened.Norton Power Eraser (NPE), Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner, ESET online Scanner, Emsisoft EEK, or you know those and thinking of something else?
F-Secure Online Scanner, you need to be in admin account, the others, may run_as_admin..., not sure. Good luck.Thanks a lot! I just did not have these that you quoted Kaspersky KVRT, F-Secure Online Scanner and ESET online Scanner I will download now. I think I was compromised, but I want to find out what happened.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes