Make your video test requests!

bobdoe

Level 2
Oct 10, 2020
No worries :)

Yes I do the planning, and your request is well planned and scheduled :)
My test schedule is not up to date, I will publish when I resume the videos! (I still have to put back the analysis software)
No problem at all... I know you have a very full plate and dont mean to rush you.:oops:

Last edited:
  • Applause
  • Thanks
Reactions: franz and Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
The videos have resumed :)
I will be able to resume the tests in order :D

- IObit Malware Fighter PRO
- AppCheck Anti-Ransomware
- MBAM v5 BETA
- ArcaBit
- Microsoft Defender vs Bitdefender Free
- WiseVector + Comodo Firewall
- Heimdal THOR

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
The videos have resumed :)
I will be able to resume the tests in order :D

- IObit Malware Fighter PRO
- AppCheck Anti-Ransomware
- MBAM v5 BETA
- ArcaBit
- Microsoft Defender vs Bitdefender Free
- WiseVector + Comodo Firewall
- Heimdal THOR

Thank you that you will test the Polish product ARCABIT. I am looking forward to it. Respect for your dedication.

Abnormal

Oct 30, 2021
That's because they're garbage. Amiti Antivirus is using ClamAV's engine which does terribly at detecting malware. SpyEmergency is also a bad product. In my opinion, it would be a waste of time testing these.
i agree they are maybe a failed products but we cannot conclude this until we test them
rarely tested product :
spybot search and destroy
super anti spyware
ad-aware antivirus
net gate products
Dr web katana

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i agree they are maybe a failed products but we cannot conclude this until we test them
rarely tested product :
spybot search and destroy
super anti spyware
ad-aware antivirus
net gate products
Dr web katana
It's not a maybe, Netgate's products really are garbage. I can guarantee that they would fail miserably if tested. If there were any good, they would not be essentially unknown products. It's very rare for a little known security product to be any good, unless it's a brand new product that hasn't received much attention yet. Of the other products you listed, none are particularly good. Spybot - Search & Destroy was an excellent product many years ago. But that's no longer the case and that's why it almost never gets mentioned at all on security forums. SUPERAntiSpyware was also once an excellent product, but these days does a terrible job at detecting malware and is really only good for detecting tracking cookies. There is a version of it which includes Avira signatures, but you'd be much better protected by using Avira itself.

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
It's not a maybe, Netgate's products really are garbage. I can guarantee that they would fail miserably if tested. If there were any good, they would not be essentially unknown products. It's very rare for a little known security product to be any good, unless it's a brand new product that hasn't received much attention yet. Of the other products you listed, none are particularly good. Spybot - Search & Destroy was an excellent product many years ago. But that's no longer the case and that's why it almost never gets mentioned at all on security forums. SUPERAntiSpyware was also once an excellent product, but these days does a terrible job at detecting malware and is really only good for detecting tracking cookies. There is a version of it which includes Avira signatures, but you'd be much better protected by using Avira itself.
spybot now using bitdefender engine...
I believe their test results will not be significantly different from other solutions using bitdefender engine

zkSnark

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 13, 2019
@Shadowra I recently downloaded and used Avast One and liked it. Since I am not a malware tester, requesting you for a test between the new Avast One Individual and Kaspersky Premium. 🥷
Or you can include Bitdefender too and make it Kaspersky Premium vs Avast One Individual vs Bitdefender Premium. 🥊
All above products have free trials so maybe you can download trials for the test. 💪
Thank you 🙂

Shadowra

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra I recently downloaded and used Avast One and liked it. Since I am not a malware tester, requesting you for a test between the new Avast One Individual and Kaspersky Premium. 🥷
Or you can include Bitdefender too and make it Kaspersky Premium vs Avast One Individual vs Bitdefender Premium. 🥊
All above products have free trials so maybe you can download trials for the test. 💪
Thank you 🙂

I have already shot a test of Avast One which will be released this weekend

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
spybot now using bitdefender engine...
I believe their test results will not be significantly different from other solutions using bitdefender engine
Most likely it will be a lot worse. Aside from occasional exceptions, antiviruses that use another product's engine, perform worse, if not much worse, than the original product. A great example of this is IObit Malware Fighter Pro. However, of the products you listed, it is only one that I believe that there would be some value in testing, as there is a small chance it is a decent product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.