Serious Discussion Malwarebytes 5.0 Open Beta available

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello Malwaretipsians!

Look who showed up as an Open Beta earlier this week: Malwarebytes 5.0!
Here's a quote from the team: Malwarebytes 5 Beta is now available!
Greetings!

On behalf of our Malwarebytes product and engineering teams, I’m excited to announce that we have released a beta build of our next generation consumer protection and privacy product.

To provide a better overall user experience, we’ve been working on:

• A faster, more responsive user interface
  • Reducing utilization of system resources
  • Increased accessibility compliance
  • Improved quality for hi-res displays
  • Sharpened user experience
If you're interested in trying out the Malwarebytes 5 Beta, check out the following sections to get started!

image.thumb.jpeg.973f1d8d4eed8386c211d10583e54bfc.jpeg

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
  • Windows 7 or greater (Please do not install on your work computer, personal computers are preferred.)
  • Fluent in English – additional language support coming soon

GETTING STARTED
  1. Download and install the Malwarebytes 5 Beta build from the following link: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb5_win_preview
  2. To report problems, bugs, comments, suggestions, or any other helpful feedback, please click the orange Feedback button at the top of the Malwarebytes 5 window. We ask that you do not create support tickets for problems with the Malwarebytes 5 Preview build at this time.
  3. Helpful links

In parallel of that beta, MB 4.5 Beta received another update! Maybe it means MB 5 will get a second Open Beta to ensure a smooth launch once it hits stable branch? Who knows...
With the product constantly getting better and better in most aspects, let's hope the trend doesn't stop with this version 5!
Maybe some brave folks among you will put this open beta to the test against malware? Would be interesting to see it in action.
Cheers :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Why kaspersky marked this download as Trojan.Win32.DllHijacker.gen
It's obviously an FP. I've sent it to K for analysis. Will update here once I get a reply.

-------
Update 1:
Your request is processing. The issue can be resolved in 3 working days.
Due to the complexity of detection (Heuristic), it seems that K needs more time to process this FP.

Last edited:

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
It's obviously an FP. I've sent it to K for analysis. Will update here once I get a reply.

-------
Update 1:

Due to the complexity of detection (Heuristic), it seems that K needs more time to process this FP.
where you submit files for kaspersky to be reviewed?

Reactions: Sorrento

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
need uninstall ver 4 and after install ver 5 ?

No idea , direct upgrade from ver.4 to ver.5 should be ok ,
but completely remove and reinstall isn't a bad idea .

Flagged as Virus by Kaspersky. Wtf :O

FP , see Anthony Qian's reply at #12 ,
Kaspersky has been notified and it's processing.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
With this beta it is important to note that Killswitch VPN is not currently available in this beta.
I am on v 5.0.1.24 it does have Killswitch option in VPN settings.

1670853064420.png

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hello Malwaretipsians!

Look who showed up as an Open Beta earlier this week: Malwarebytes 5.0!
Here's a quote from the team: Malwarebytes 5 Beta is now available!

In parallel of that beta, MB 4.5 Beta received another update! Maybe it means MB 5 will get a second Open Beta to ensure a smooth launch once it hits stable branch? Who knows...
With the product constantly getting better and better in most aspects, let's hope the trend doesn't stop with this version 5!
Maybe some brave folks among you will put this open beta to the test against malware? Would be interesting to see it in action.
Cheers :D

Is this only for license holders, do you know?
I thought i could tip others about it otherwise.

Reactions: Sorrento

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.