3.i not see (premium plus=with vpn) price

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
It's obviously an FP. I've sent it to K for analysis. Will update here once I get a reply.

-------
Update 1:

Due to the complexity of detection (Heuristic), it seems that K needs more time to process this FP.
Update 2:
Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
Thank you for your help.
K removed the detection.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I hope someone can tell his testing experience, does even this new version Malwarebytes 5.0 Beta blocking/detecting in Real-time malware variants on execution only?
Previous version 4 had either a weird bug or it's default development: known malware as file type .exe are usually detected/blocked, but on-demand scan is unable to detect other malware file types such as scripts js,vbs or others like Java .jar

Last edited:

nickstar1

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I am on v 5.0.1.24 it does have Killswitch option in VPN settings.

View attachment 271230
So the latest "beta version" is 5.0.2.39 it appears you do not have the "beta updates" option enabled. In the latest beta version for some reason "killswitch" has been disabled it is a known issue and is being worked on.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 243

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
malwarebytes not offer lifetime license
Not since 2014 I believe.

I think the way it works with version 5 beta is that you need a separate VPN license for the VPN to work, its sold separately from the Malwarebytes program, a license for the main program will not activate the VPN. So you need to use 2 licenses to activate everything, not sure if this will change once out of beta, I doubt it.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
If someone has a Malwarebytes license, can you send it to me in mp? I don't have one for the test :/ (it will be thanked in the topic)

Reactions: [correlate]

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.