App Review Malwarebytes vs 2000 Malware (TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Content created by
The PC Security Channel

AdvancedSetup

From Malwarebytes
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Nov 14, 2019
Thank you for the input @simmerskool

There are plenty of Linux version. I can get Ubuntu to work. I simply don't care for the build. Nobara is great in that the main guy works for Red Hat Linux and creates a build based off of Fedora that has much of the gaming and Wine and other features taken care of for you already so you don't have to mess with as much.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thank you for the input @simmerskool

There are plenty of Linux version. I can get Ubuntu to work. I simply don't care for the build. Nobara is great in that the main guy works for Red Hat Linux and creates a build based off of Fedora that has much of the gaming and Wine and other features taken care of for you already so you don't have to mess with as much.
I ran Centos for nearly 10 years, & IIRC it is a "derivative" of Red Hat... I will look at Nobara, but I am comfy with Zorin right now.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
MalwareBytes is decent these days. It's gone through tough times but it seems to be on the right track. It's just behind the major players, but very close to them.

I still have lifetime licenses from 15 years ago and they still honor them. You won't find many companies that would do that.

Lymphocyte

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2014
I still have lifetime licenses from 15 years ago and they still honor them. You won't find many companies that would do that.
They have to respect lifetime licenses because they are legally obligated to do it. If they blocked lifetime licenses, they would be breaking the contract.

• HaHa
Reactions: simmerskool

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Malwarebytes played a game with it's users on the forums and did give away 1 lifetime key to a lucky forum member that found the game with in the GUI. They rarely give away lifetime keys but did so this time on a 1-time basis.

Reactions: simmerskool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.