MalwareTips 2.0 Theme (Feedback and Testing for Members)

Which MalwareTips theme do you like?

• MalwareTips 1.0 (2015 Theme)

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • MalwareTips Dark 1.0

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • MalwareTips 2.0 (Current default theme)

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • MalwareTips 2.0 Dark

Votes: 5 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
For the past few weeks we've been working on a new theme for MalwareTips. While we are still tweaking it, we are 95% ready with the new style for this community.
Before making it the default theme of MalwareTips, we would like for you guys to try it and give us some feedback.

How to use the new theme:
1. Go to the MalwareTips footer, and click on "MalwareTips Style".
1.jpg

2. From the pop-up menu (Style Chooser), select the "MalwareTips BETA" theme.
2.jpg

We are waiting for your feedback, suggestions or bugs report (screenshots and detailed explanation will help).
new.jpg

Thank you!

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Yes I hope the default theme feature - profile drop down menu could be retained because it has gone way on top on the extreme right and harder to locate.Looking good otherwise, I see a lot of improvements.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
New theme is good in a different/new way. Could easily grow on me, though. Still a bigger fan of the original on first sight.
You will still be able to use the original theme even when we will switch to the new layout. We will not remove the default theme for the Style Chooser.

Yes I hope the default theme feature - profile drop down menu could be retained because it has gone way on top on the extreme right and harder to locate.Looking good otherwise, I see a lot of improvements.
I've been using this new layout for a few weeks now, and I've got used with the location of the user menu... Try it for a few days and I'm sure you will get used to it.
As far as improvements go, this new theme will perform very well (when compared with the default theme) on mobile phones. It does make it easier to use the website while on a mobile device.
Screenshot_20160224-074442.png

I prefer the theme now! :)
Please do not switch to the black theme, at least I thought he kind uncomfortable :confused:
Not a bad theme at all :cool: I prefer it over the other themes so far.

Just a few more tweaks and It'll be perfect!
Thank you for the feedback!

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
As a creature of habit, let me use it for a week, before I give my onions :p

Edit1: yes I know opinion*.
I think from the get go, I noticed that the signature is minimized, likes stats are not shown (atleast when posting). Love the ripple effect on the DP status ;)

Last edited:
A

Alkajak

@Jack , any chance to have the member Joined/Messages/Likes Received to be permanently expanded in the new theme? It took 20 minutes to grow on me, now I like theme more than the original, but would like to see that permanently expanded.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Yes I've just noticed the user menu is available without the need for scrolling back on top which is a plus, yet to test it on a mobile device.The sorting through posts by numbers and expand signature got my vote.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I have only just gone to the new beta theme. Only seen there a button to do so the other day :') But I like the think as it's modern to the extent that it looks very clean. I would definetly be using this as my main theme.

Once again thanks @Jack @Huracan/Staff/mod team for everything you do for MalwareTips. Doesn't go un-noticed! :)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I will be able to use the theme that I want? :D
I see that from me change the subject by the time I want, I tried the black and Beta, if so it will be perfect :D
Yes, you can always switch to the theme you like. There will be 3 options when using the Style Chooser: this new beta theme, the default one and the dark one.

I have only just gone to the new beta theme. Only seen there a button to do so the other day :') But I like the think as it's modern to the extent that it looks very clean. I would definetly be using this as my main theme.

Once again thanks @Jack @Huracan/Staff/mod team for everything you do for MalwareTips. Doesn't go un-noticed! :)
Thanks @McLovin, glad you like it! Keep using it, I'm sure that you will find new features that you like!

safe1st

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
I like this and the default too.
But 'maybe' if you remove that bar on top, like on this picture (that would be good) and increase MalwareTips logo too

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.