Tutman

Level 6
Try a different browser. I had the same issue in my main browser, but the download worked in Edge Chromium.
I have been trying it with firefox and edge chrome also. Hmm..... going to try again!

*UPDATE* I installed the full edge chromium a few weeks ago but still also had the dev version too. The Dev version got wiped and has no extensions installed but that is what worked!! I got the McAfee installer to download with it. Thanks much for the idea. Not sure what extension is causing the error though.

Last edited:

Tutman

Level 6
Well I finally got it installed and running and I must say, it does seem very light! AND it includes alot of tools including the full firewall FREE. (Norton free from the ISP was very sparse in this regards, just antivirus and the sonar protection.) This has alot of features and adjustable settings and also an app booster!

1591916369790.png

1591916535137.png

Not sure of the full product info. Here are the about screens:

242621[/ATTACH]

1591916811358.png

1591916671997.png

]

Attachments

it's around 20 bucks to buy it, and you're getting it for free, which essentially increases the value you're paying for your isp (giving you more bang for your buck). i put the 6 mo giveaway on one of my systems and its been behaving nicely (so far). and McAfee has been doing well in the labs, has some polish, and is a respectable company. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

and here's pcmags review, which was an editor's choice!

Tutman

Level 6
it's around 20 bucks to buy it, and you're getting it for free, which essentially increases the value you're paying for your isp (giving you more bang for your buck). i put the 6 mo giveaway on one of my systems and its been behaving nicely (so far). and McAfee has been doing well in the labs, has some polish, and is a respectable company. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

and here's pcmags review, which was an editor's choice!
Hmm... I see, pretty good review except the ransomware test but that was in December. I didn't know what version this installed as I haven't used McAfee in like 20 years... Yes I remember the days when you would run away from this and Norton! LOL.