McAfee LiveSafe 2.PNG
McAfee LiveSafe 3.PNG
McAfee LiveSafe 4.PNG
McAfee LiveSafe 5.PNG
McAfee LiveSafe 6.PNG

sona

Level 5
Verified
I have a question. Does it update automatically?
Because recently I tried McAfee(paid version) for 15 days and it does not update automatically. All the time i have to do is the manual update. A security software should be designed to update automatically so that i don't need to open its user interface. Also it was not performing scheduled scans, quick clean automatically which he supposed to do! Thinking of buying ESET .

KonradPL

Level 4
Because recently I tried McAfee(paid version) for 15 days and it does not update automatically. All the time i have to do is the manual update. A security software should be designed to update automatically so that i don't need to open its user interface. Also it was not performing scheduled scans, quick clean automatically which he supposed to do! Thinking of buying ESET .
Yes it does automatically updates

McMcbrad

Level 10
Only you can answer this question by checking the product settings. If auto-update is turned on, it means it works. McAfee doesn't release definitions more than 1-2 times a day and auto-update only checks every 8 hours if I am not wrong. It might happen that updates don't get installed immediately, and are later discovered when you run manual update.

jtshadow92

Level 2
Verified
McAfee does do automatic updates daily, but most of the protection is in the cloud now.

sona

Level 5
Verified
I have to think because I already have F-Secure with me, purchasing of another software will waste my money. I should have tried McAfee trial (6 months available here). Didn't checked it. It is my fault!
Also I'm thinking of a full reset of my laptop. After that I'll install McAfee and transfer F-Secure to desktop! And will see what it behaves.

SeriousHoax

Level 32
Verified
I have to think because I already have F-Secure with me, purchasing of another software will waste my money. I should have tried McAfee trial (6 months available here). Didn't checked it. It is my fault!
Also I'm thinking of a full reset of my laptop. After that I'll install McAfee and transfer F-Secure to desktop! And will see what it behaves.
McAfee has a 6 months trial promo since forever. You can claim that from here.

jtshadow92

Level 2
Verified
You’ll find it to be much lighter than f-secure. At least in my experience, it is.