That's a very good idea. I'm curious about that too, and I think others are as well.Ever tried to test the V25 again to see if they are on par with McAfee and TM ?
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
That's a very good idea. I'm curious about that too, and I think others are as well.Ever tried to test the V25 again to see if they are on par with McAfee and TM ?
Almost everyday i have a popup with McAfee Total , i don't know if its possible to kill theseI have McAfee Total protection, never have any popups or automatic renewal emails.
Bought cheap license, not with McAfee.
Weird, can not check for you now, since i switched to Trend.Almost everyday i have a popup with McAfee Total , i don't know if its possible to kill these![]()
It works by backing up files before they are modified by dodgy processes. After ransomware is remediated, the original files are restored.hi what i mean is the protection that protects from ransomeware how it works
Are you sure this is really a pop up from McAfee ? I never seen this, i know about the fake pop-ups.Sometimes about your registry needs to be fixed or do a smartscan, use vpn now , etc . . . upselling popups.
Then the question is, why are you the only one here who gets these ? Can you make a screen recording and show us ?They are not fake, when i click on it the main UI opens.
Same like me, i use Total Protection and McAfee is pretty quiet.Some of these may be related to McAfee scheduled tasks, like tracker remover and so on. Although these tasks foe me did not generate pop up windows. McAfee is on the quiet side.
The only types of notifications I saw:
Malware caught on download: we caught a threat either before or after it was downloaded.
Script detection: we blocked a malicious script before it could run.
Executable detection: we blocked a malicious app before it could run.
Fileless malware detected by analysis of LOLBin relationships and command lines (Real Protect Fileless): something tried to hijack one of your apps. Don’t worry, we took care of it.
I did not see any other notifications. I am still using McAfee.
If it doesn’t detect malware you won’t even know it’s there. I am busy working on Orion, however, I am planning a McAfee vs Trend Micro test.Same like me, i use Total Protection and McAfee is pretty quiet.
If you need help, you have my number.If it doesn’t detect malware you won’t even know it’s there. I am busy working on Orion, however, I am planning a McAfee vs Trend Micro test.
I dont have automatic billing enabled, i use a serial number bought with another company, not McAfee.About the pop-ups , if you havent enable automatic rebilling it will notify you about this + some other messages.
View attachment 291301
maybe it country specific?I dont have automatic billing enabled, i use a serial number bought with another company, not McAfee.
I never encounter any pop ups. I think @Trident has the same, no pop ups.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes