System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 TR
    NVT Exe Radar Pro v4.0 Beta
    NVT OSArmor
    SecureAPlus Freemium
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    NPE
    Trend Micro Housecall
    HMP
    Browsers and Extensions
    Opera
    Norton Safe Web
    Windows Defender Browser Protection
    Ublock Origin
    Nano Defender
    UMatrix
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Unlock Origin
    Nano Defender
    Umatrix
    Cloudflare DNS
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Process Lasso Pro
    Shadow Defender Pro
    Sandboxie
    Data Backup
    Dropbox
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflex Free
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

BugCode

Level 10
    Verified
    Well, as you said another topic, you are paranoid it sure like that. But why you are using ghostery if you REALLY are paranoid? Read some things in internet ;) And how could you trust chrome/google? Okay, you are paranoid about security. I think u have have too much blockers etc, real-time protection good so are on demand. And please some kind of backup is must have, Aomei,Paragon,macrium. veeam etc.

Stay safe!

mekelek

Level 28
    Well, as you said another topic, you are paranoid it sure like that. But why you are using ghostery if you REALLY are paranoid? Read some things in internet ;) And how could you trust chrome/google? Okay, you are paranoid about security. I think u have have too much blockers etc, real-time protection good so are on demand. And please some kind of backup is must have, Aomei,Paragon,macrium. veeam etc.

Stay safe!
    I'm paranoid of getting infected.
    You can't avoid data collection, it's impossible, so i just don't fight it.
    Will look into backups, I reinstall Windows every 3-4 months.

XhenEd

Level 27
    Verified
    Trusted
    Content Creator
    Since you run VS in Smart Mode, you may want to disable KIS' TAM to avoid redundancy. :)

You insist on being paranoid, but you don't have to have an overlapping security software. You just have to know how a security software works, then if you feel that it's not enough, you add the necessary software to fill the gaps. You also have to know how built-in OS security measures work, so turn on the UAC, at least to default!

But I have no problems with your current realtime protection. :) Just turn on UAC, and disable TAM. :D

mekelek

Level 28
    Why uBlock Origin if you already have Adguard?

And please enable UAC, it is very important.

It is overkill. I would remove some of the extensions you have.

Please add a good backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.
    Since you run VS in Smart Mode, you may want to disable KIS' TAM to avoid redundancy. :)

You insist on being paranoid, but you don't have to have an overlapping security software. You just have to know how a security software works, then if you feel that it's not enough, you add the necessary software to fill the gaps. You also have to know how built-in OS security measures work, so turn on the UAC, at least to default!

But I have no problems with your current realtime protection. :) Just turn on UAC, and disable TAM. :D
    enabled UAC.

Exterminator

Community Manager
    Verified
    Staff member
    You need to consider some type of system and data backup solution.
    Paranoid user or not a backup solution is a very important part of ones security config!
    IMO with KIS 2017 and HMPA I would enable UAC and drop VS.
    Thanks for sharing your config :)

Rolo

Level 18
    Verified
    I'll just echo two things:

1. If you don't have irreplaceable data, then you don't have to worry about backups. If you do, then are you OK with permanently losing that data? File system errors, hardware failures, software faults, human error all put data at risk, not just malware.

2. Adguard and uBlock Origin are redundant; pick one. I like uBO but both are fine products. (I use uBO on my hosts and Adguard on my VM.)

I reinstall Windows every 3-4 months.
    What!? Why such a tedious task (the reinstalling/reconfiguring software after the Windows install) so frequently?

mekelek

Level 28
    I'll just echo two things:

1. If you don't have irreplaceable data, then you don't have to worry about backups. If you do, then are you OK with permanently losing that data? File system errors, hardware failures, software faults, human error all put data at risk, not just malware.

2. Adguard and uBlock Origin are redundant; pick one. I like uBO but both are fine products. (I use uBO on my hosts and Adguard on my VM.)

What!? Why such a tedious task (the reinstalling/reconfiguring software after the Windows install) so frequently?
    crucial data/files are backed up on the cloud, and well really crucial ones on a separate usb drive.

DracusNarcrym

Level 19
    Verified
    Consider some form of system backup software to easily restore your computer in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection.

I recommend Windows Backup and Restore for this task.

Alternatively, here are some good 3rd party backup applications:
    OR

You're good to go as far as real-time protection software is concerned.

Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

ozone

Level 3
    I would remove some extensions they will conflict with each other unless tweaked
    and you can add disconnect and adguard adblock filters to uBO

mekelek

Level 28
    Update:
    Enabled Bitlocker on my storage HDD and symbolic linked/junctioned a few folders from Appdata onto it.
    Installed Deep Freeze but It decided to **** itself somehow, refused to take my password and couldn't mount the Thawspace, so now I'm going to install Shadow Defender, but since KIS hates it, I gotta uninstall KIS first.

Installed Zemana Anti-Logger from the Giveaway, running it with Real-time protection and Panda cloud. Keylogging protection is off cause it's broken in some apps (like Keepass)

Using Macrium Reflect for full backups.

Tried SecureAPlus but imo it's so buggy that i couldn't handle it, and Adguard, but i noticed signification performance issues with loading sites in Chrome. Removed both.

Using Shut Up O&O for Windows 10 now instead of Spybot Anti-Beacon.

mekelek

Level 28
    Update:
    Installed Shadow Defender, very pleased how enabling Shadow Mode doesn't need a reboot to activate. Will keep it and probably Buy it too.

Looking into Appguard but there is no trial and the price tag on it is pretty hefty.