System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 TR
    NVT Exe Radar Pro v4.0 Beta
    NVT OSArmor
    SecureAPlus Freemium
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    NPE
    Trend Micro Housecall
    HMP
    Browsers and Extensions
    Opera
    Norton Safe Web
    Windows Defender Browser Protection
    Ublock Origin
    Nano Defender
    UMatrix
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Unlock Origin
    Nano Defender
    Umatrix
    Cloudflare DNS
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Process Lasso Pro
    Shadow Defender Pro
    Sandboxie
    Data Backup
    Dropbox
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflex Free
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

mekelek

Level 28
    Removed:
    GData Internet Security

Added:
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2018
    NVT OSArmor

Undecided
    SecureAPlus

I have been going insane the past few days about this. I have done my own testings with GData and started becoming uncomfortable about my Host OS security.
    I did my own test with GData the same time I did my Sophos test on the latest #20 mixed sample test, and GData scored worse than Sophos, having no dynamic module triggered at all during the test and the VM infected to teeth. At that time there were like 6 BD signatures out of 20 samples.

So i went into panic mode and installed every single decent AV i could find, ran the samples that were nasty to see if the AV can handle it. Well they couldn't. Some can't even do it even now, a whole 2 days later....

PMed @harlan4096 to do a dynamic test only on one of the nasty sample, which he did, and KIS stopped it just with System Watcher.

Anyways long story short, I installed the latest KTS 2019 TR on my VM to run an other speedtest. Somehow magically the bandwith throttling is gone, don't ask me how, but it is. Even in KIS 2018 I don't have it anymore.

So I'm back to Kaspersky.

Also tried HitmanPro Alert's Exploit Test on GData, not a single got blocked, so I installed NVT OSArmor.
    I'm not sure If I need OSA anymore since KIS is flat out blocking even the exploited process launch in every single test.

GData's behavior blocker is good against Ransomwares and Datastealers, but malware can open as many wscript and cmd and conhost as it wants, or add startup of javaw opening a hidden jar file from appdata, it won't care. And as usual Bitdefender signatures are late, hell GData had their own signatures way faster than BD did.

mekelek

Level 28
    Removed:
    VoodooShield
    Heimdal Pro

Added:
    McAfee Total Protection

I realized that the one true power has been overlooked due to the amount of hate coming from the other product fanboys.
    I hereby cleanse my computer with the Holy McAfee, I shall enjoy its true power and may never see a virus ever again.
    Amen.

askalan

Level 16
    Verified
    Malware Hunter
    Removed:
    VoodooShield
    Heimdal Pro

Added:
    McAfee Total Protection

I realized that the one true power has been overlooked due to the amount of hate coming from the other product fanboys.
    I hereby cleanse my computer with the Holy McAfee, I shall enjoy its true power and may never see a virus ever again.
    Amen.
    Great april fool!

Garzaman

Level 3
    Verified
    Removed:
    VoodooShield
    Heimdal Pro

Added:
    McAfee Total Protection

Amen.
    Banzai !!!!

You can always add up the power of Iobit Malware Fighter :p

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    I have better and more layers covered than some other peoples but i have still marked as basic ^^

@mekelek at last you dont have any kind of isolation or virtu in real time for your system solution.

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
    I have better and more layers covered than some other peoples but i have still marked as basic ^^

@mekelek at last you dont have any kind of isolation or virtu in real time for your system solution.
    oh i have sandboxie and shadow defender installed
    i dont like over-virtualizing my pc, running everything in a virtual enviroment all the time is just inefficient.

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    Ahh ok than i didin;t see it on your, confg so i said based what you show in config :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: mekelek

harlan4096

Level 63
    Verified
    Staff member
    Malware Hunter
    I guess that the new design forum, by default, has tagged old Secure configs as Secure Basic ;)

Reactions: frogboy
    D

Deleted member 178

Way too overkill and redundant. My advice:

1- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 alone , it is very solid has everything you need, adding anything else is wasted resources.

or

2- Sandboxie + OSA + VS