System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Automatic Updates (recommended)
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I participate by downloading malware samples into an isolated VM environment
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 TR
    NVT Exe Radar Pro v4.0 Beta
    NVT OSArmor
    SecureAPlus Freemium
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Major changes for Increased security
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    NPE
    Trend Micro Housecall
    HMP
    Browsers and Extensions
    Opera
    Norton Safe Web
    Windows Defender Browser Protection
    Ublock Origin
    Nano Defender
    UMatrix
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Unlock Origin
    Nano Defender
    Umatrix
    Cloudflare DNS
    Password Managers
  • Bitwarden
  • Web Search
  • Google
  • System Utilities
    Process Lasso Pro
    Shadow Defender Pro
    Sandboxie
    Data Backup
    Dropbox
    Frequency of Data backups
    Daily
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflex Free
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

Quassar

Level 12
    Verified
    I would faster pick any kind of HIPS or anti-exe monitor than Behavior blocker. At last have them both if Behavior blocker is not too fat and no slowing pc performance.

VS is pretty solid Anti-exe
    OSA - Stand Alone extended behavior blocker which is stil under maintenance and need still fix a lot things
    Kaspersky: AV + HIPS / BB + Firewall
    In this setup he double only Behavior blocker.

Agree, VS + OSA is too much... I would keep KIS + OSA, as maximum :) and SB for some risky surfing :) but You have also K Safe Broser...
    Drop anti-exe for have 2 behavior blocker is a bit bad option. In this situation better stay with KIS + VS.
    and have 3 solid layer of prevention run process (HIPS BB and Anti-exe) or off BB in Kaspersky and stay with OSA if he like it.

Last edited:
    D

Deleted member 178

i dont consider OSA a real BB, it just monitor exe, not dll or drivers.To me is more a hybrid between SRP and BB.
    If you use a suite, you don't need anything else, the suite is supposed to cover all angles.
    If you need something else, drop the suite since obviously, you dont trust it...

mekelek

Level 28
    Added:
    Forticlient WebFilter only
    DNSCrypt with Cloudflare's DNS

Removed:
    Heimdal Pro

I really don't need Heimdal Pro, after testing a bit with my setup, most of my web filtering blocks come from Norton Safe Web and FortiClient's WebFilter, and then last Kaspersky's Web sigs.

Since Heimdal is not handling DNS queries anymore, I decided to test Cloudflare's DNS out.

FortiClient's UI is unreliable but the configs are manually edit-able and they stick, so i'm okay with that.

Way too overkill and redundant. My advice:

1- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 alone , it is very solid has everything you need, adding anything else is wasted resources.

or

2- Sandboxie + OSA + VS
    I'm aware of my setup's redundancy, and there is so much leftover resource to use that is never used due to my 8 core Ryzen CPU that it doesn't matter. RAM is plenty, so why the f. not :D

OSArmor was added when I had GData to cover exploit protection and It just grew on me so I kept it. I'm very well aware I do not need it anymore with KIS back on my system.

mekelek

Level 28
    Added:
    SecureAPlus Freemium
    Cloudflare DNS
    Windows Defender Browser Protection

Removed:
    DNSCrypt

yes yes, SAP and VS are literally the same, and I don't have a solid reason why I'm having both, but since they're not conflicting anymore, i have them running both, till i decide which one i stick with.

DNSCrypt got removed cause of insane slowdown in my eyes, I was hoping caching would speed it up eventually but it kept being slow.

WD's Chrome extension isn't eating any resources at all, so why not :D

mekelek

Level 28
    Added:
    NVT EXE Radar Pro v4.0 Beta

Removed:
    Voodooshield
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

I've fed up with the constant false positives from VS's AI, so I'm giving NVT ERP a try.
    NVT ERP is so light, even compared to latest VS build.

KIS 2018 gave me a heart attack, the uninstallation went wrong, it got stuck and i had to force close the uninstaller. then Kaspersky removal tool couldn't remove it, so had to force restart, then the removal tool uninstalled it successfully, but after installing KIS 2019 TR, a few modules were corrupted/not functional. Reinstalled KIS 2019 TR and all good now.

Keeping SAP for VT results since Crystal Security is just too buggy atm and useless, I would have to allow something with ERP before I got Crystal to get me a VT result...

Now only Forticlient needs an update so I can finally install it for its web filter...

ZeroDay

Level 28
    Verified
    Malware Tester
    Added:
    NVT EXE Radar Pro v4.0 Beta

Removed:
    Voodooshield
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

I've fed up with the constant false positives from VS's AI, so I'm giving NVT ERP a try.
    NVT ERP is so light, even compared to latest VS build.

KIS 2018 gave me a heart attack, the uninstallation went wrong, it got stuck and i had to force close the uninstaller. then Kaspersky removal tool couldn't remove it, so had to force restart, then the removal tool uninstalled it successfully, but after installing KIS 2019 TR, a few modules were corrupted/not functional. Reinstalled KIS 2019 TR and all good now.

Keeping SAP for VT results since Crystal Security is just too buggy atm and useless, I would have to allow something with ERP before I got Crystal to get me a VT result...

Now only Forticlient needs an update so I can finally install it for its web filter...
    How is SAP running with KIS, nice and light?

Reactions: harlan4096