Dropbox
System recovery
Macrium Reflex Free

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I would faster pick any kind of HIPS or anti-exe monitor than Behavior blocker. At last have them both if Behavior blocker is not too fat and no slowing pc performance.

VS is pretty solid Anti-exe
OSA - Stand Alone extended behavior blocker which is stil under maintenance and need still fix a lot things
Kaspersky: AV + HIPS / BB + Firewall
In this setup he double only Behavior blocker.

Agree, VS + OSA is too much... I would keep KIS + OSA, as maximum :) and SB for some risky surfing :) but You have also K Safe Broser...
Drop anti-exe for have 2 behavior blocker is a bit bad option. In this situation better stay with KIS + VS.
and have 3 solid layer of prevention run process (HIPS BB and Anti-exe) or off BB in Kaspersky and stay with OSA if he like it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i dont consider OSA a real BB, it just monitor exe, not dll or drivers.To me is more a hybrid between SRP and BB.
If you use a suite, you don't need anything else, the suite is supposed to cover all angles.
If you need something else, drop the suite since obviously, you dont trust it...

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Added:
Forticlient WebFilter only
DNSCrypt with Cloudflare's DNS

Removed:
Heimdal Pro

I really don't need Heimdal Pro, after testing a bit with my setup, most of my web filtering blocks come from Norton Safe Web and FortiClient's WebFilter, and then last Kaspersky's Web sigs.

Since Heimdal is not handling DNS queries anymore, I decided to test Cloudflare's DNS out.

FortiClient's UI is unreliable but the configs are manually edit-able and they stick, so i'm okay with that.

Way too overkill and redundant. My advice:

1- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 alone , it is very solid has everything you need, adding anything else is wasted resources.

or

2- Sandboxie + OSA + VS
I'm aware of my setup's redundancy, and there is so much leftover resource to use that is never used due to my 8 core Ryzen CPU that it doesn't matter. RAM is plenty, so why the f. not :D

OSArmor was added when I had GData to cover exploit protection and It just grew on me so I kept it. I'm very well aware I do not need it anymore with KIS back on my system.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Added:
SecureAPlus Freemium
Cloudflare DNS
Windows Defender Browser Protection

Removed:
DNSCrypt

yes yes, SAP and VS are literally the same, and I don't have a solid reason why I'm having both, but since they're not conflicting anymore, i have them running both, till i decide which one i stick with.

DNSCrypt got removed cause of insane slowdown in my eyes, I was hoping caching would speed it up eventually but it kept being slow.

WD's Chrome extension isn't eating any resources at all, so why not :D

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Added:
NVT EXE Radar Pro v4.0 Beta
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 TR

Removed:
Voodooshield
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

I've fed up with the constant false positives from VS's AI, so I'm giving NVT ERP a try.
NVT ERP is so light, even compared to latest VS build.

KIS 2018 gave me a heart attack, the uninstallation went wrong, it got stuck and i had to force close the uninstaller. then Kaspersky removal tool couldn't remove it, so had to force restart, then the removal tool uninstalled it successfully, but after installing KIS 2019 TR, a few modules were corrupted/not functional. Reinstalled KIS 2019 TR and all good now.

Keeping SAP for VT results since Crystal Security is just too buggy atm and useless, I would have to allow something with ERP before I got Crystal to get me a VT result...

Now only Forticlient needs an update so I can finally install it for its web filter...

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Added:
NVT EXE Radar Pro v4.0 Beta
Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 TR

Removed:
Voodooshield
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

I've fed up with the constant false positives from VS's AI, so I'm giving NVT ERP a try.
NVT ERP is so light, even compared to latest VS build.

KIS 2018 gave me a heart attack, the uninstallation went wrong, it got stuck and i had to force close the uninstaller. then Kaspersky removal tool couldn't remove it, so had to force restart, then the removal tool uninstalled it successfully, but after installing KIS 2019 TR, a few modules were corrupted/not functional. Reinstalled KIS 2019 TR and all good now.

Keeping SAP for VT results since Crystal Security is just too buggy atm and useless, I would have to allow something with ERP before I got Crystal to get me a VT result...

Now only Forticlient needs an update so I can finally install it for its web filter...
How is SAP running with KIS, nice and light?

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
check if you can create a system restore point
Kaspersky removal tool is known to break system restore

Need Help - Error 0x81000203
I've fixed it thanks to your 2 posts in that thread.
the services weren't broken, permissions for the keys neither, i just had to change the Service entries of each volume to volsnap, and set those 4 services to auto start.
thank you once again.

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
@ZeroDay
PezGMw.png

this light

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.