Feb 24, 2017
Removed:
GData Internet Security

Added:
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018
NVT OSArmor

Undecided
SecureAPlus

I have been going insane the past few days about this. I have done my own testings with GData and started becoming uncomfortable about my Host OS security.
I did my own test with GData the same time I did my Sophos test on the latest #20 mixed sample test, and GData scored worse than Sophos, having no dynamic module triggered at all during the test and the VM infected to teeth. At that time there were like 6 BD signatures out of 20 samples.

So i went into panic mode and installed every single decent AV i could find, ran the samples that were nasty to see if the AV can handle it. Well they couldn't. Some can't even do it even now, a whole 2 days later....

PMed @harlan4096 to do a dynamic test only on one of the nasty sample, which he did, and KIS stopped it just with System Watcher.

Anyways long story short, I installed the latest KTS 2019 TR on my VM to run an other speedtest. Somehow magically the bandwith throttling is gone, don't ask me how, but it is. Even in KIS 2018 I don't have it anymore.

So I'm back to Kaspersky.

Also tried HitmanPro Alert's Exploit Test on GData, not a single got blocked, so I installed NVT OSArmor.
I'm not sure If I need OSA anymore since KIS is flat out blocking even the exploited process launch in every single test.

GData's behavior blocker is good against Ransomwares and Datastealers, but malware can open as many wscript and cmd and conhost as it wants, or add startup of javaw opening a hidden jar file from appdata, it won't care. And as usual Bitdefender signatures are late, hell GData had their own signatures way faster than BD did.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Removed:
Appguard

Headaches after headaches, I can't get along with it, I tried..

Since Appguard didn't work out for you, have you tried Voodooshield? I think it is just as good but less a hassle. I use both.

Reactions: mekelek

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Removed:
VoodooShield
Heimdal Pro

Added:
McAfee Total Protection

I realized that the one true power has been overlooked due to the amount of hate coming from the other product fanboys.
I hereby cleanse my computer with the Holy McAfee, I shall enjoy its true power and may never see a virus ever again.
Amen.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Removed:
VoodooShield
Heimdal Pro

Added:
McAfee Total Protection

I realized that the one true power has been overlooked due to the amount of hate coming from the other product fanboys.
I hereby cleanse my computer with the Holy McAfee, I shall enjoy its true power and may never see a virus ever again.
Amen.
Great april fool!

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
Removed:
VoodooShield
Heimdal Pro

Added:
McAfee Total Protection

Amen.

Banzai !!!!

You can always add up the power of Iobit Malware Fighter :p

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I have better and more layers covered than some other peoples but i have still marked as basic ^^

@mekelek at last you dont have any kind of isolation or virtu in real time for your system solution.

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I have better and more layers covered than some other peoples but i have still marked as basic ^^

@mekelek at last you dont have any kind of isolation or virtu in real time for your system solution.
oh i have sandboxie and shadow defender installed
i dont like over-virtualizing my pc, running everything in a virtual enviroment all the time is just inefficient.

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Ahh ok than i didin;t see it on your, confg so i said based what you show in config :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mekelek

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I guess that the new design forum, by default, has tagged old Secure configs as Secure Basic ;)

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Way too overkill and redundant. My advice:

1- Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 alone , it is very solid has everything you need, adding anything else is wasted resources.

or

2- Sandboxie + OSA + VS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.