Dropbox
System recovery
Macrium Reflex Free

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Well, as you said another topic, you are paranoid it sure like that. But why you are using ghostery if you REALLY are paranoid? Read some things in internet ;) And how could you trust chrome/google? Okay, you are paranoid about security. I think u have have too much blockers etc, real-time protection good so are on demand. And please some kind of backup is must have, Aomei,Paragon,macrium. veeam etc.

Stay safe!

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Well, as you said another topic, you are paranoid it sure like that. But why you are using ghostery if you REALLY are paranoid? Read some things in internet ;) And how could you trust chrome/google? Okay, you are paranoid about security. I think u have have too much blockers etc, real-time protection good so are on demand. And please some kind of backup is must have, Aomei,Paragon,macrium. veeam etc.

Stay safe!
I'm paranoid of getting infected.
You can't avoid data collection, it's impossible, so i just don't fight it.
Will look into backups, I reinstall Windows every 3-4 months.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Since you run VS in Smart Mode, you may want to disable KIS' TAM to avoid redundancy. :)

You insist on being paranoid, but you don't have to have an overlapping security software. You just have to know how a security software works, then if you feel that it's not enough, you add the necessary software to fill the gaps. You also have to know how built-in OS security measures work, so turn on the UAC, at least to default!

But I have no problems with your current realtime protection. :) Just turn on UAC, and disable TAM. :D

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Why uBlock Origin if you already have Adguard?

And please enable UAC, it is very important.

It is overkill. I would remove some of the extensions you have.

Please add a good backup solution, such as Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper.

Thanks for sharing.

Since you run VS in Smart Mode, you may want to disable KIS' TAM to avoid redundancy. :)

You insist on being paranoid, but you don't have to have an overlapping security software. You just have to know how a security software works, then if you feel that it's not enough, you add the necessary software to fill the gaps. You also have to know how built-in OS security measures work, so turn on the UAC, at least to default!

But I have no problems with your current realtime protection. :) Just turn on UAC, and disable TAM. :D

enabled UAC.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
You need to consider some type of system and data backup solution.
Paranoid user or not a backup solution is a very important part of ones security config!
IMO with KIS 2017 and HMPA I would enable UAC and drop VS.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I'll just echo two things:

1. If you don't have irreplaceable data, then you don't have to worry about backups. If you do, then are you OK with permanently losing that data? File system errors, hardware failures, software faults, human error all put data at risk, not just malware.

2. Adguard and uBlock Origin are redundant; pick one. I like uBO but both are fine products. (I use uBO on my hosts and Adguard on my VM.)

I reinstall Windows every 3-4 months.
What!? Why such a tedious task (the reinstalling/reconfiguring software after the Windows install) so frequently?

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I'll just echo two things:

1. If you don't have irreplaceable data, then you don't have to worry about backups. If you do, then are you OK with permanently losing that data? File system errors, hardware failures, software faults, human error all put data at risk, not just malware.

2. Adguard and uBlock Origin are redundant; pick one. I like uBO but both are fine products. (I use uBO on my hosts and Adguard on my VM.)

What!? Why such a tedious task (the reinstalling/reconfiguring software after the Windows install) so frequently?

crucial data/files are backed up on the cloud, and well really crucial ones on a separate usb drive.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Consider some form of system backup software to easily restore your computer in case of a software malfunction or a malware infection.

I recommend Windows Backup and Restore for this task.

Alternatively, here are some good 3rd party backup applications:
OR

You're good to go as far as real-time protection software is concerned.

Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

ozone

Level 3
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
I would remove some extensions they will conflict with each other unless tweaked
and you can add disconnect and adguard adblock filters to uBO

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I would remove some extensions they will conflict with each other unless tweaked
and you can add disconnect and adguard adblock filters to uBO
I removed Ghostery and Adguard and enabled uBlock's advanced option.

Reactions: XhenEd

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Update:
Enabled Bitlocker on my storage HDD and symbolic linked/junctioned a few folders from Appdata onto it.
Installed Deep Freeze but It decided to ##### itself somehow, refused to take my password and couldn't mount the Thawspace, so now I'm going to install Shadow Defender, but since KIS hates it, I gotta uninstall KIS first.

Installed Zemana Anti-Logger from the Giveaway, running it with Real-time protection and Panda cloud. Keylogging protection is off cause it's broken in some apps (like Keepass)

Using Macrium Reflect for full backups.

Tried SecureAPlus but imo it's so buggy that i couldn't handle it, and Adguard, but i noticed signification performance issues with loading sites in Chrome. Removed both.

Using Shut Up O&O for Windows 10 now instead of Spybot Anti-Beacon.

mekelek

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Update:
Installed Shadow Defender, very pleased how enabling Shadow Mode doesn't need a reboot to activate. Will keep it and probably Buy it too.

Looking into Appguard but there is no trial and the price tag on it is pretty hefty.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.