Microsoft’s Outlook spam email filters are broken for many

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Microsoft’s Outlook spam filters appear to be broken for many users today. I woke up to more than 20 junk messages in my Focused Inbox in Outlook this morning, and spam emails have kept breaking through on an hourly basis today. Many Outlook users in Europe have also spotted the same thing, with some heading to Twitter to complain about waking up to an inbox full of spam messages. If you’re also getting inundated with spam right now, it might be worth temporarily disabling notifications for any email app on your phone that’s connected to your Outlook personal account. That will stop your phone waking up constantly to show you a notification about a spam email you definitely don’t care about. We’ve reached out to Microsoft to comment on the Outlook spam issues and we’ll update you accordingly once the company is able to respond.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Can confirm this I was surprised when I found out that my "Mounthly" Prime renewal failed! :p
lol mou.jpg

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Update: Microsoft sent messages on Twitter to some users around 5:30 pm Eastern time, stating the Outlook spam issue " has been resolved." It did not state the reason for the original error.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.