Advice Request Microsoft Edge "edging" out Google Chrome?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
After reading several postings by some of the tech gurus and others here at MT, the takeaway I got was that the new Microsoft Edge is slightly the better overall browser over Chrome out-of-the-box for average users .

I say this well aware of the "many" original Chromium forks but being so many, and the timing of development schedules, one can get confused as an average user choosing which one is best, and how to tweak it.

Of course, some would say it is matter of personal preference, and some hard core MT vets might say nothing but vanilla Chromium but I just wanted to clarify once and for all if it seems like Edge is now "edging" out Google Chrome, and would be a safe, and good recommendation for anyone asking.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Maybe I gave the imprecise answer. I simply enabled "DNS lookups" flag in all browsers and change DNS in > Network & internet settings > Change adapter options > Wifi etc.
Ow I see. Outside of browsers it won't use DoH but I think you know that already. But anyway, I'm looking forward to Windows 20H2 mainly because of the system wide DoH feature.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.