Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well I am trying it out for a while, but I am so used to Horizontal tabs that at the moment it feels weird with the vertical tabs. I will give it a try for another day or so to see if I can get used to it ... if not I will switch back to Horizontal tabs.

Well, as mentioned I tried it out but I just could not get used to the vertical tabs? I kept going to where the horizontal tabs would be, ( Among other things. ) so this morning I switched back to the good old Horizontal tabs.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, it's a matter of taste and convenience after all. I kept it b/c it works for me and looks good.

What I would like more than the Tabs feature is a browser screen capture. Opera has this and it's very useful. Does anyone know off-hand if Edge is going to get this?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, it's a matter of taste and convenience after all. I kept it b/c it works for me and looks good.

What I would like more than the Tabs feature is a browser screen capture. Opera has this and it's very useful. Does anyone know off-hand if Edge is going to get this?
It already has that, it's called web capture:

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Hii Since the browser was updated,
I can not open two or more sites from my favorites list at the same time ! i should close the favorite list and open again and open one site in new tab ! and close again and select one site again ...

I can only open one site at a time !
i try reset setting but not working !

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I can not open two or more sites from my favorites list at the same time ! i should close the favorite list and open again and open one site in new tab ! and close again and select one site again ...

I'm on the latest version. As before, no problem to open several favorites at the same time (ctrl / click).
Edit:
Something wrong with your keyboard?

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012

I emailed Microsoft and told it my problem and today I saw a new update coming for edge, and my problem was completely fixed.
What great support it has, it has been updated 3 times in 1 week.
i love edge.
:love:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Spotted a new setting in v89.
1615482259465.png

Yep, there it is. I thought it was still in Dev builds but it's in the Stable version now.
For quick access, memorise the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+S. It is my go-to Edge tool. However, it does not allow capture of the Tabs, Address or Bookmarks, but does work for settings - as seen above.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
And finally a changelog available...
March 13, 2021
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 89.0.774.54 ), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains CVE-2021-21193 which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.