Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Like @Amir said if you use a tool like O&O ShutUp 10 you must undo the settings that apply for Edge to remove "some settings Managed By Your Organization".
I don't use those tools anymore and do some settings manually based on:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Like @Amir said if you use a tool like O&O ShutUp 10 you must undo the settings that apply for Edge to remove "some settings Managed By Your Organization".
I don't use those tools anymore and do some settings manually based on:
You no longer use Shutup10?

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Today, we noticed, all Edge insider versions showing alternative DNS providers when you visit Settings > Privacy, search and Services > Security and Choose a Service provider.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
You no longer use Shutup10?
No, I'm trying to use a less third-party programs.
And like @BigWrench I don't like to see things like "some settings Managed By Your Organization".
Also, I never used all the recommended settings of O&O ShutUp 10 because I do not agree with all of them.
So, I change the settings that I can change myself based on the 2 guides I linked and my own preferences.

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
UPDATE..... With a couple adjustments in ShutUp, all is well. Never would have guessed that's where the issue was. It never crossed my mind that Edge was fine on my Win7 desktop, which doesn't need or have ShutUp. Thanks all! (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
April 14, 2021
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 89.0.774.77 ), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains CVE-2021-21206 and CVE-2021-21220 which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Not out for me yet, but soon....

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
1618540193565.png

Got it. Most notable feature for me is download bar. Great version again.

NOTE: No kids mode for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
View attachment 256910

Got it. Most notable feature for me is download bar. Great version again.

NOTE: No kids mode for me.
Kids mode is USA only:
The feature is available starting today in the USA for Mac and PC.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Keeping your family safer online with Microsoft Edge and celebrating 1 year of Give with Bing:
We have lots of news this month to make the most of your time and help keep your family safer online. Today, we’re excited to unveil Microsoft Edge Kids Mode, a safer space for your child to discover the web. You can also learn more about Kids Mode by visiting our website. Along with this news, we also wanted to celebrate the 1-year anniversary of Give with Bing along with several new features across our web experiences team that are now generally available that help you make the most of your time online.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.