Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I can't even open the Store's main page since last night. Also can't get into the Feedback Hub to report anything b/c I can't sign in (We can't sign you in right now. Please check your connection.). I'm flashing on SolarWind (remember that?) or some kind of major data center upheaval about now--hopefully, this is just over-imagination.

MSN News App and MSN Weather APP are still working here. You'd expect this issue to be resolved by now, it's been a while, right?

Edit: just got an update to the Antimalware Platform, new build is: 4.18.2104.5. Network Inspection Service is running. So that's good.

Edit: here's the source.

Good that fixes are coming, tx, blackice (y). Can someone access the link in the address box in this snip?

ms svs not avail.PNG

Last edited:

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I can't even open the Store's main page since last night. Also can't get into the Feedback Hub to report anything b/c I can't sign in (We can't sign you in right now. Please check your connection.). I'm flashing on SolarWind (remember that?) or some kind of major data center upheaval about now--hopefully, this is just over-imagination.

MSN News App and MSN Weather APP are still working here. You'd expect this issue to be resolved by now, it's been a while, right?

Edit: just got an update to the Antimalware Platform, new build is: 4.18.2104.5. Network Inspection Service is running. So that's good.
Looking like things are getting fixed. I'm no longer getting errors when it checks for an update and was able to get into the feedback hub. Let's hope it's a hiccup.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
It's still struggling to check for updates, no point in reinstalling Edge it's Microsoft - Unable to organise a booze up in a brewery people - MS also adopt the same system my children did when at home when something was broken deny all knowledge / Say nothing :)

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Microsoft Edge's update server is suffering a worldwide outage preventing users from updating to the newly released version 90 of the web browser.
Yesterday, Microsoft released Edge 90 with new features, such as a Kids Mode, the new download flyout, better font rendering, and improved PDF printing.
This update also fixed a zero-day remote code execution vulnerability that was publicly released this week on Twitter, so it's probably a good idea to update it as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, since this morning, users have been unable to autoupdate Microsoft Edge to version 90 and are instead greeted with the following 0x800421F7 error when attempting to do so:
"An error occurred while checking for updates: Unable to connect to the Internet. If you use a firewall, please allowlist MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe. (error code 7: 0x800421F7 -- system level)."

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Microsoft Edge's update server is down - shows error code 7
Update 4/16/21 08:15 PM EST: The servers are back up and running you can now update Microsoft Edge again.
FWIW ~ my edge://components = Status - Update error

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.