Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So this is a new thing on Edge?
The padlock icon shows you info about the site you are visiting. The info is collected from Bing.
1.png2.png3.png4.png
Not happens for all sites. Mainly popular one's for which Bing shows info when you search it.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
So this is a new thing on Edge?
I'm not sure. I hadn't noticed the detailed info section (images #2 & 4), or maybe I've never clicked on it before. I rarely use M$ services though their MSNews page, for example, is very polished.

Nice that phone numbers are provided. Now I can call Google to complain about Manifest V3! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 96.0.1054.57: December 14
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 96.0.1054.57), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. This update contains a fix for CVE-2021-4102, that has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Man I always get the weirdest bugs on Edge. Got this one on Win 11 clean install for a several days no fix yet. Even changed several Intel drivers.

Also tried enabling/disabling several other things: in Windows graphics settings: hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, Variable refresh rate
and in Intel GCC: Panel self refresh, display power savings, adaptive tessellation, adaptive sync, smart sync etc.
Edit: PS feedback sent already.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Man I always get the weirdest bugs on Edge. Got this one on Win 11 clean install for a several days no fix yet. Even changed several Intel drivers.

Also tried enabling/disabling several other things: in Windows graphics settings: hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, Variable refresh rate
and in Intel GCC: Panel self refresh, display power savings, adaptive tessellation, adaptive sync, smart sync etc

Check if this also happens on Chrome to figure out if this is Chromium/Edge related.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Send a feedback
Already done.

post on Reddit if you haven't already.
It's useless, I have tried doing it in the past. Especially for issues that happen randomly and you can't reproduce them whenever you want. That's why I had to use Chrome for a whole day just to make sure it's not a chromium bug.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I had an issue with Edge last week, it wouldn't remember start-up sites, extensions weren't working properly, I spent a while trying to fix it them imaged back a few days & it's been OK since then, but I really don't like the way Edge is going lately.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.