Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

mkoundo

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jul 21, 2017
Version 101.0.1210.32: April 28
Stable channel security updates are listed here.

Feature updates​

• Ability to set the default profile. The EdgeDefaultProfileEnabled policy will let you set a default profile to use when opening the browser instead of the last profile that was used. This policy won't be applicable if the --profile-directory parameter has been specified.
  • Client Certificate Switcher. This feature will offer a way for users to clear the remembered certificate and resurface the certificate picker when visiting a site that requires HTTP certificate authentication. This can be done without manually quitting Microsoft Edge.
  • Launch Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) from the favorites bar. Improvements to the PWA launch experience will start appearing with an Apps icon that can be added to the toolbar.
  • Manage the "Allow extensions from other stores" setting. Now you can use the ControlDefaultStateOfAllowExtensionFromOtherStoresSettingEnabled policy to set the default state of the "Allow extensions from other stores" setting.
  • Improvements to the Enterprise Site List Manager. Now you can configure shared cookies between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on your enterprise site list. You can access the Enterprise Site List Manager at edge://compat/SiteListManager.

Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 101.0.1210.32), which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

This update also contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific update:

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel

Microsoft Edge release notes for Stable Channel
docs.microsoft.com

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

Microsoft Edge now has more than 10% of the desktop browser market share​

1. Google Chrome - 66.64% (-0.65)
  2. Microsoft Edge - 10.07% (+0.42)
  3. Apple Safari - 9.61% (+0.05)
  4. Mozilla Firefox - 7.86% (+0.29)
  5. Opera - 2.43% (-0.38)
There are no major changes in the mobile browser market. Chrome and Safari hold together almost 90%, and other manufacturers made little to no progress in April 2022.
  1. Google Chrome - 63.57% (-0.02)
  2. Apple Safari - 24.82% (-0.01)
  3. Samsung Internet - 4.90% (+0.00)
  4. Opera - 1.88% (+0.00)
  5. UC Browser - 1.41% (+0.00)
Source: StatCounter

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I am confused, release notes shows a new update for Edge stable channel, Version 101.0.1210.43: May 9. But here on my Edge doesn't be ready to download/install this update 🤷‍♂️

new.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I am confused, release notes shows a new update for Edge stable channel, Version 101.0.1210.43: May 9. But here on my Edge doesn't be ready to download/install this update 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 266520

And now we may have to wait for the Chrome security updates to be added:
May 10, 2022

Microsoft is aware of the recent Chromium security fixes. We are actively working on releasing a security fix.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
As posted by Sampei Nihira on Wilders, there is a new profile setting enabled by default: "Share browsing data with other Windows features".

edge://settings/profiles/localBrowserDataShare

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-14 192951.jpg

blackice

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
As posted by Sampei Nihira on Wilders, there is a new profile setting enabled by default: "Share browsing data with other Windows features".

edge://settings/profiles/localBrowserDataShare

View attachment 266634
Yikes, there are few privacy settings I really worry about, but that one is a bit much.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Not yet, because I have not used the Edge settings in O&O, but worth investigating, tomorrow...
I'm testing it right now in my VM. Disable that specific Edge setting before the latest update, MS reverted it back to enabled.

All settings enabled for Edge ( except smartscreen ) in O&O SU10, did not help.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
So you guys use the third party tools to kill MS telemetry etc? How do you like them? Have not tried them recently but in years past felt that caused more problems in Windows and therefore not worth using.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
So you guys use the third party tools to kill MS telemetry etc? How do you like them? Have not tried them recently but in years past felt that caused more problems in Windows and therefore not worth using.
I am still using O&O ShutUp, but there I prefer to disable all related settings of Edge, I had a weird issue in the past, may be some people can remember about when certain settings in Edge was unable to change and marked as: "settings are managed by your organization" My guess this "issue" might be related to 3rd party tools for same purposes....

Important to mention, I had never other issues when using O&O ShutUp, so it's no tool what may breaks the whole OS ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I was not able to find a setting in O&O that could easy and quick kill that one. Even the diagnostic data options. Manually disable it in Edge for now seems to work.
I have sent an email to support at oo-software.com asking if this can be blocked in a new version of O&O ShutUp10++.
With Edge version 101.0.1210.47 there is a new setting “Share browsing data with other Windows features” in edge://settings/profiles/localBrowserDataShare

Is this something you consider to be blocked in a next version of O&O ShutUp10++ ?

Another question : Optional diagnostic data in edge://settings/privacy can that be blocked by O&O ShutUp10++ ?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.