Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Microsoft Edge 113.0.1774.35: May 5, 2023​

Stable channel security updates are listed here.

Feature update​

• Improvements to enhanced security mode. Enhanced security mode provides an extra layer of protection when browsing the web and visiting unfamiliar sites. In this release updates include consolidating the security level settings to Balanced and Strict mode. For more information, see Browse more safely with Microsoft Edge.
  • Switch from Microsoft Autoupdate to EdgeUpdater for macOS. Microsoft Edge for macOS will start using a new updater named EdgeUpdater. This change only affects Microsoft Edge on macOS. If you use update preferences for Microsoft Autoupdate to prevent browser updates, you will need to transition to the new EdgeUpdater UpdateDefault policy before Microsoft Edge 113 to prevent future automatic updates. For more information, see Microsoft Edge for macOS switches from Microsoft AutoUpdate to EdgeUpdater.
  • New policy for PDF View Settings. The RestorePdfView policy lets Admins control PDF View Recovery in Microsoft Edge. When enabled or if the policy isn't configured, Microsoft Edge will recover the last state of PDF view and land users on the section where they ended reading in the last session.
  • Updated Microsoft Root Store policy. The MicrosoftRootStoreEnabled policy will now be supported in Microsoft Edge version 113 and 114. It will be removed in Microsoft Edge version 115. For more information, see Changes to Microsoft Edge browser TLS server certificate verification.

Policy updates​

New policies​

Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 113.0.1774.35) which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

This update contains the following Microsoft Edge-specific updates:
What is the version information for this release?

Microsoft Edge ChannelMicrosoft Edge VersionBased on Chromium VersionDate Released
Stable113.0.1774.35113.0.5672.63/.645/5/2023
Extended Stable112.0.1722.71112.0.5615.1795/4/2023

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
For those who complain about modern browsers and recent versions that are heavy as many say, are not your mistake. I was not going to post more had typed and taking a screenshot of Chrome and Edge and I had misunderstood about what @Sammo had said in his post, I ended up not posting that I wrote. But I decided to post anyway about Chrome and Edge about ram consumption, they don't consume ram at all without any extensions. The villains are the extensions. If you have too many extensions the tendency is to only increase the ram consumption and CPU usage of your computer and also slow down the loading of web pages when opening. If I had a way to block ads without an extension I would not use any extension. In tests opening Youtube the story changes ram usage doubles to ~400MB. PS: Remember not to jump to conclusions about this post, it is more an illustration than an information, because each person has different settings, different hardware so nobody would fit this scenario here. The ram consumption is not a problem these days in question, but the CPU mainly for old computers when opening a Youtube video for example, to play the video it will use your CPU. So if your computer is old he will be in the bottleneck. (y)
1683364398249.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft Edge 113 removes Basic Enhanced Security Mode
One of the main changes of Microsoft Edge 113 removes something from the browser. Microsoft notes in the release notes that it has consolidated the security level settings of the browser's Enhanced Security Mode.

Enhanced Security Mode is disabled by default on most systems. It enables protections against certain threats and disables the Just In Time Compiler, which makes certain exploits more difficult to use.

Edge, up until now, supported the three modes Basic, Balanced and Strict. The three modes determined the scope of the feature. Basic mode, the mode that Microsoft removed, enabled the mitigations for "less visited sites" only. Balanced expanded this to all sites that were not visited frequently in Edge and Strict expanded it even further to all sites.

With Basic gone, Microsoft Edge users have the option to set the mode to Balanced or Strict. The descriptions of the two modes have not changed. Edge users who have configured the browser to use the Basic mode are likely moved to Balanced mode during the upgrade to Edge 113, but there is no confirmation from Microsoft about this in the release notes.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.