Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

It seems that CVE-2022-3723 is not (yet) fixed in Edge.
But according to another site it is fixed... so great (y)

Edge 107.0.1418.26 and 106.0.1370.61 fixes CVE-2022-3723
Microsoft has updated the Edge browser in the stable channel to version 107.0.1418.26 as of October 29, 2022. This is a security update that fixes the CVE-2022-3723 vulnerability (Type Confusion in the V8 JavaScript engine). In addition, the Edge browser in the Extended Stable Channel has been updated to 106.0.1370.61 to fix the same vulnerability.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
More than a year later, still can't figure out why search suggestions on this site doesn't work in Edge but works in every other browsers I've tried so far.
Send them a feedback if you can. I did three times in the past with no success. But if more people from different locations report it to them, they may notice it.
Firefox: fire.pngEdge:edge.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
But according to another site it is fixed... so great (y)

Edge 107.0.1418.26 and 106.0.1370.61 fixes CVE-2022-3723

And confirmed by MS:

October 31, 2022
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 107.0.1418.26). This update contains a fix for CVE-2022-3723, which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.

Microsoft has also updated Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 106.0.1370.61), which contains the fix to CVE-2022-3723.

Note
It's worth highlighting that Microsoft Edge’s enhanced security mode feature mitigates this vulnerability. You can opt-in into this security feature and have peace of mind that Microsoft Edge is protecting you against this exploit.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Deleting
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
was the solution once again, no thanks to M$.
Remove Managed by your organization from Microsoft Edge
I think I have that issue too, or something very much like it, and I have done some registry editing in recent past, and will look into this again. "It" rears its head at unexpected times but not for a couple of weeks. Thanks for the link.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

Version 107.0.1418.52: November 17, 2022

Release Notes pending.
I just updated Edge and got a MS popup that forced me to Allow Microsoft to use your browsing activity including history, favorites, usage and other browsing data to personalize Microsoft Edge and Microsoft services like ads, search, shopping and news.
The only option was to confirm, Edge was otherwise "locked" -- I had this "feature" off, so after confirm, the popup closed and I went back to Settings, did this "feature" was turned on, and I turned it off again. How rude! :mad:

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
"It" rears its head at unexpected times but not for a couple of weeks.
It appears to happen after some, but not all, updates, maybe to a new major version #.

The other bug I've encountered recently is Edge asking me repeatedly on startup if I want to save English as my language, and continues to repeat this behavior even though I select "Save".

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I created some policies to make Edge not change anything without my consent, but when I do that, I can't change DNS settings which is a weird decision from MS IMO, so I was using Edge normally. But after the recent update, it made Bing the default search engine and features like follow creators, startup boost which was off for me got enabled automatically 😡 It happened before too 2/3 times in the last few months.
Never experienced something like this with Chrome & Firefox.
ESET like a week ago added a PUA detection for Microsoft's Bing Wallpaper app because it automatically changes the search engine to Bing in all browsers unless users untick those options during installation. Apparently, ESET told Microsoft before creating this signature. I think it's really humiliating for Microsoft that their app is now being detected as PUA. By the looks of it, Edge is also becoming a PUA. They are ruining a good browser. I also wanted to have a portable version of Edge for testing purpose, but can't do that because it automatically signs in to my account. So, same account on same PC on two browsers 🤦‍♂️

WhiteMouse

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2017
I just updated Edge and got a MS popup that forced me to Allow Microsoft to use your browsing activity including history, favorites, usage and other browsing data to personalize Microsoft Edge and Microsoft services like ads, search, shopping and news.
The only option was to confirm, Edge was otherwise "locked" -- I had this "feature" off, so after confirm, the popup closed and I went back to Settings, did this "feature" was turned on, and I turned it off again. How rude! :mad:
I saw that notification with an option to turn it off. But still, people hate Chrome because it asks user to change browser to Chrome when you use a Google services, I got that pop-up 1 time on Edge and after that Google just shut up and let me use what I want. For MS Edge, every few updates I got notification from Edge that I should change my search Engine to Bing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.