Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Version 113.0.1774.50: May 18, 2023
Fixed various bugs and performance issues.

Stable channel security updates are listed here.
Microsoft has released the latest Microsoft Edge Stable Channel (Version 113.0.1774.50) which incorporates the latest Security Updates of the Chromium project. For more information, see the Security Update Guide.
What is the version information for this release?

Microsoft Edge ChannelMicrosoft Edge VersionBased on Chromium VersionDate Released
Stable113.0.1774.50113.0.5672.126/.1275/18/2023
Extended Stable112.0.1722.84112.0.5615.2045/18/2023

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I went back to Edge for a week and for me, it froze one time but not on YouTube though there was a YouTube tab in the background which was not playing any video.
I had minor annoyances on the Home page of Edge as it asked me 3 times in 3 days in a row, whether the language, English (International) is correct. I clicked OK, but as I said it appeared 3 days in a row at random times. I even have "Show feature and workflow recommendations" disabled in flags.
A couple of days ago, I received this notification suddenly.
p.png
Under a certain scenario, comment section of Facebook appears blurry on Edge but fine on Chrome.
On Edge Android, like a week or two ago, it has enabled an auto dark theme for websites feature which Chrome Android have had for a few months now. But enabling it on Edge, makes webpage rendering much slower. I thought Edge has become slow till today I realized that it's this feature.
Tonight, went back to Chrome again on both devices for annoyance free browsing.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
All codecs are updated along with drivers and BIOS.
Quite a few things that could be causing it from software tampering with the network layer to corrupted elements in Windows or Edge installation.

try these in an elevated command prompt. Follow this order.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

The last one is optional and will basically clean up your image install from obsolete entries. Also it's better to reboot after doing it so that Windows will boot with uncorrupted files.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Quite a few things that could be causing it from software tampering with the network layer to corrupted elements in Windows or Edge installation.

try these in an elevated command prompt. Follow this order.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow
Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

The last one is optional and will basically clean up your image install from obsolete entries. Also it's better to reboot after doing it so that Windows will boot with uncorrupted files.
Didn't find anything all clean.
1685123250659.png
Can't remember the last time SFC actually found something corrupted in 10 years. Reminded me of MS forum joke thread we had in 2019.

Edit: added "forum"

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I wouldn't lose any sleep trying to fix this kind of bug if it isn't easily fixed by sfc or an Edge reinstall... just install some other Chromium based browser and if it works well then, it's all good. It's easy to import everything from Edge and no harder to block outgoing connections for the privacy concerned.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I wouldn't lose any sleep trying to fix this kind of bug if it isn't easily fixed by sfc or an Edge reinstall... just install some other Chromium based browser and if it works well then, it's all good. It's easy to import everything from Edge and no harder to block outgoing connections for the privacy concerned.
Yup. That's why I use Chrome

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Yup. That's why I use Chrome
I have been recently as well. I only went back to edge because the sync works well for me and it has a built in adblocker on iOS. But I’m back to chrome with ControlD. I recently figured out syncing favorites with safari on iOS with other browsers so I may be able to work with that, a few things to figure out there. And not being able to grab an open tab from another device can be a bit of a bummer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.