Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Upcoming Release Schedule for Dev, Beta, and Stable:
Hi everyone,

To stay aligned with the Chromium Project's release schedule, we do not have any planned Dev, Beta, or Stable releases for the next two weeks. However, Canary will continue to receive updates every weekday. Starting the week of July 13th, we'll resume our typical release cadence, with updates coming to Dev weekly and Beta every 6 weeks.

Even though we're taking a shipping break, we'd still love to hear your thoughts! You can engage with us on Twitter at @MSEdgeDev or on this forum. If you'd like to report a bug or provide product feedback, you can use our in-browser feedback tool. (Navigate to "..." menu > "Help and feedback" > "Send feedback," or hold down Shift+Alt+I).

Fawkes (they/them)
Program Manager & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Nope.

I don't use top sites option but new tab customization is broken here, same as you.
Does an install over the top solve any issues?

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Though it did take over my screen, it was a minor annoyance that lasted for about a minute. After I reinstalled my one Edge extension (Nano blocker), I easily unpinned New Edge from the taskbar and went about my day. Most of the other ballyhooed Windows 10 annoyances can also be easily dismissed.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Though it did take over my screen, it was a minor annoyance that lasted for about a minute. After I reinstalled my one Edge extension (Nano blocker), I easily unpinned New Edge from the taskbar and went about my day. Most of the other ballyhooed Windows 10 annoyances can also be easily dismissed.
There will be no end of clickbait and hyperbole about this. I didn't experience this since I had already installed the release voluntarily, but those who are less computer savvy will potentially be confused.

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
There will be no end of clickbait and hyperbole about this. I didn't experience this since I had already installed the release voluntarily, but those who are less computer savvy will potentially be confused.
I had been led to believe that Windows 10 in general would be a terrible experience, but I found that I like it well enough. The privacy settings have stayed in place through the last several major updates, and I can even use the MS app store just fine without a MS account.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I had been led to believe that Windows 10 in general would be a terrible experience, but I found that I like it well enough. The privacy settings have stayed in place through the last several major updates, and I can even use the MS app store just fine without a MS account.
I find Windows 10 to be fine. Just have to watch for a thing here and there changing with updates if you're wanting specific settings. But it's easy for these tech writers to play on the tech panic tendencies of the public (especially in the USA). To be fair in this instance I could see how someone who actually doesn't have a working understanding of computers could be confused.

Last edited:

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I just tried Chromium Edge on the msn.com homepage, and it was impressive. With 13 processes, it was only using 299 MB of RAM, whereas the old Edge used about 1200 MB and slowed the whole system within a minute. On the new Edge, Nano blocker also worked flawlessly, as opposed to old Edge, which was beset by the infamous "g00" ad reinsertion with Nano, AdGuard, or uBO. This is the first really appealing browser Microsoft has released since IE 5.5 ;)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Here's two thing I'm finding a bit annoying. If I click on a link from the favorites bar or make a web search, the URL bar texts are kept automatically selected.
1.gif
2.gif

Is there any way to stop this behavior?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
My new tab page customization and daily image are broken with this latest update. Edge icon also jitters and stalls before loading, and hangs when attempting to close. This is the worst I've experienced with Edge since its introduction last year.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
My new tab page customization and daily image are broken with this latest update. Edge icon also jitters and stalls before loading, and hangs when attempting to close. This is the worst I've experienced with Edge since its introduction last year.
Strange, this doesn't happen to me.
Did you try to reinstall Edge (over the top) to see if that fixes things?
Or are you blocking something (telemetry or msn.com related) needed for Edge?

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Add Firefox like Downloads Menu to new Microsoft Edge with Extension:

I use the good old S3 download manager for Edge that I also use with Firefox. It is soooo configurable! Download Manager (S3)

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
That behaviour is intended, else you won't be able to edit links.
But when I type a site and visit it's not my intention to edit the link. I just want to go to the site and that's it. I think that's true for everybody. If I want to edit the link then I can simply click on the URL bar to do so. This is a quite weird behavior for my liking. Firefox don't do this. I'll send a feedbadck. An option to modify this behavior via flag would've been great.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.