Serious Discussion Microsoft Edge Stable (Chromium) Now Available for Download

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for the heads up... but windows and Microsoft don't dictate what keys I use and don't use! So it's gone! ;)
A programmable keyboard might be worth buying, so you have Full Control over the keys.

Reactions: Tutman

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Microsoft adds Edge to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Roadmap site, pre-announced Edge Stable release dates:
Microsoft has started pushing out the new Edge to enterprise customers, which means companies have joined the 6-weekly release rollercoaster all Edge Stable users have been part of these last few months.

Enterprise IT admins, however, crave predictability, and to help them out Microsoft has added Edge to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Roadmap site, and pre-announced different Edge channel release dates for the Beta and Stable channel.

The Microsoft 365 roadmap portal lets you view upcoming Microsoft Edge enterprise features—you can filter by “Microsoft Edge” in the Products field, or by “Beta channel” and “Stable channel” in the Release Phase field.

The Microsoft Edge team plans to push public updates to the Beta and Stable channels every six weeks. The release schedule gives you the target release week for the major releases of Beta & Stable channels.
The Microsoft Edge roadmap entries can be found here, and the release schedule can be found here.
Windows blog posting:

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Today I got a Microsoft Edge update to version 84.0.522.48. No changelog yet....
Good thing is, when MS started rolling updates as rolling release, some users didn't receive any update even after couple of days of releasing. But now I'm seeing that it doesn't update automatically right after a update is released but it does if I check for updates manually. This is a positive change.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Good thing is, when MS started rolling updates as rolling release, some users didn't receive any update even after couple of days of releasing. But now I'm seeing that it doesn't update automatically right after a update is released but it does if I check for updates manually. This is a positive change.
The question is how long until it does it automatically now?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It used to update whenever I launched it and there was a new update. This time it didn’t and I was surprised. Chrome actually didn’t update automatically either. Firefox updated automatically, I guess they have much lower server load.
Hmm server load is also a valid reason I think. In my case, Edge and Firefox none updated automatically. I had to go to the about page and then they checked for an update.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.